Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent lock can't be that good

tuffshot

The Crew
Being hunting season a lot of guys are coming and going out of the woods. What caught my eye was the ones wearing their scentlock camo in gas stations and restaurants.
Yesterday a friend of mine came into the restaurant my son and I were eating breakfast.

He and his friend had been out and had only seen one doe, both wearing scentlock. There may be very little coming from inside the clothing but the outside is getting polluted.

Sure seems like a lot of money wasted to wear them like that.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
"forget the wind and hunt"! Nothing said about restaurants gas stations dumps perfumed women sour grapes and on and on and on. Suppose "they" figured "common sense" in the equation????:smiley_bril::smiley_adfundum:

Old saying "a fool and his money is soon parted"!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I agree Tuff. I seen 2 guy come into the gas station last weekend wearing scentloc. The one guy had just pumped gas and his buddy was standing right there talking to him while pumping. If they wanted to toss away 400+ dollars they could have just given it to me instead :D. I'll stick to my smoker lol. I had a an edgy doe come out in to a cut corn field right after the combine was done and stood downwind and never knew I was there :D.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah I bought a scent lok suite before I found out about the smoker, mine however never leaves the tub in the back of my truck. I get dressed in the field then right back to the tub it goes.

I wouldn't spend the money again as I think any comfortable suite with good camo and smoked up full of hickory will do the job. But my scent lok full season is really comfortable so im not too displeased about spending the money.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah I bought a scent lok suite before I found out about the smoker, mine however never leaves the tub in the back of my truck. I get dressed in the field then right back to the tub it goes.

I wouldn't spend the money again as I think any comfortable suite with good camo and smoked up full of hickory will do the job. But my scent lok full season is really comfortable so im not too displeased about spending the money.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Agreed... My routine as well.
I see guys wearing their stuff everywhere. I just laugh.

rrr

Very true- saw a guy at a football game last night wearing a camo fleece. The girls that were with us said "wow, only a doucher would wear that stuff". (I showed them my new rain coat I got the other day later in the night, apparently being able to identify advantage timber from 4 rows up doesn't win any points with the ladies though). Anyways, I replied "yea, I don't get wearing camo out and about like that" and I really don't. Of course, I am in PA and deer don't smell a 30.05 bearing hunter at 250 yards, but that's beyond the point.

badger

*Supporting Member*
"forget the wind and hunt"! Nothing said about restaurants gas stations dumps perfumed women sour grapes and on and on and on. Suppose "they" figured "common sense" in the equation????:smiley_bril::smiley_adfundum:

Old saying "a fool and his money is soon parted"!

Yep Cobb, that saying comes to mind all the time.

Scent lock suits and any other type of simular clothing requires common sense. It's not an impervious suit, like something the astronauts wear. I know several guys that have been busted while hunting elk, out west and several others around here that have had simular "busted" experiences with coyotes.

If you don't play the wind, try to keep your stuff scent free and use a little common sense, all a hunter is going to see is the deer waving that dreaded white flag. :smiley_byebye:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57