Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Indian Lake

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never fished it, but every time I've been by (and it used to be a couple times a week), I wanted to. A buddy bought a house on the lake this summer and has invited us up. This has put it on my mind a bit. Anyone here fish it? Its supposed to be a good perch and saugeye lake...two of my favorites.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That's where we fish 95% of the time. We mostly Crappie fish but I know guys that slam the saugeye. Most guys troll he deepest holes with cranks but I've also seen guys do good casting vibbees and cranks in the shallow channels when the weather turns cold.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the tip! I spent the afternoon on Rocky Fork again. I didn't get on the lake till about 11. Caught a mixed bag of perch, gills, largemouth...but not a single saugeye! I'm gonna roll out early in the morning and fish when the fish are a bit more active. I gotta get on some fresh water!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
My coworker has a condo on IL - he's not a fisherman but he watches the weigh ins on the bass tournaments they have there and he says they take some fine fish out of there.
He also says that it's very shallow.....very shallow....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's what I've heard...shallow. I fished Rocky Fork this morning. It sucked. I need to see someplace different.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
My coworker has a condo on IL - he's not a fisherman but he watches the weigh ins on the bass tournaments they have there and he says they take some fine fish out of there.
He also says that it's very shallow.....very shallow....

This year has not helped the water level at all. Heard a few times of pontoon boats getting stuck in the channels this summer.