Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I met the devil

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Im a consulting forester and pretty much spend most of my time marking timber and getting sales together. Last week in the mountains of PA, I came accross this rattler. One more step and i would of been in real trouble. I luckily saw him before i put my foot down.

This is a Timber rattler and they are no joke.

I figured you boys would enjoy these pics.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a beautiful snake!!! Great pics Paul! That had to make your heart stop at the first moment you laid eyes on him.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You should have killed him dead! I will go ahead and call you an idiot before you start telling me how everything in the wild has it's place!:) SOB...they make my skin crawl...

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..

It was only 10 am and i went home for the day. I was shook up pretty good. I knew if i got hit i was in big trouble becuase i was about a 1/4 mile from the truck. Seems where ever they hit you that limb is never right again ......if its not removed lol.

Did i hear him rattle?..No..cuz all his rattles were broke off. If you like close, you can see he has no rattles. A rattleless snake is not good.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang snakes! I'm hearing more and more of them making there way back into the mountains of WV also. Man I hope they don't ever make it across the river!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
You should have killed him dead! I will go ahead and call you an idiot before you start telling me how everything in the wild has it's place!:) SOB...they make my skin crawl...

x2...I would freak the "f" out if I ever see a snake like that while in the woods!

And without a rattle, that snake is extra dangerous to the next person that comes across it...and they might not be as lucky as you Mountaineer!

Last edited: