Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone here go to OU?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A good friends son is a med student at OU, he suffered a serious head injury in a motorcycle accident. Another friend and I are trying to arrange to travel to Athens to bring jimmie's things home.

We would like to find some Jimmie's buddies to help but are trying to avoid bothering his parents right now more then we have to. I tried FB but cant find him there. I thought if anyone here attends OU they might be able to figure out how I might contact someone for help.

Pm me if you think you can help and I can give you the full name.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sam, I'm 20 minutes from OU. If I can be of assistance in any way, just let me know. I start my seven day break Friday morning, would be more than glad to help!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Was he living in a dorm or off campus? I'm 30 minutes from there and will help however I can. I'm an alum, but don't have any contacts down there these days...

Gordo

Athens County
Im only a mile outside of town. Cant gurantee ill b around to help myself but would b willing.

Small town and i know alot of folks. If u pm me any info you have ill see what i can do.

Housemates would b the folks to track down if he has any

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Was he living in a dorm or off campus? I'm 30 minutes from there and will help however I can. I'm an alum, but don't have any contacts down there these days...

I believe it's an off campus apartment. I hope to get more info soon. We've tried to not bother the parents for these kinds of details.

Thanks for the offers to help everyone, I'll stay in touch.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im about 30 minutes away also and will do what I can to try and help anytime Friday, and Sunday afternoon but Im out of town Saturday.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
No, but my NIU Huskies beat them in the MAC Championship game!:smiley_arrogant:

Now that I read the entire thread, I feel like a real ass, sorry...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I appreciate the offers to help. It looks like we have at least 8 of Jimmie's friends that will be there to help when we go Saturday. I wish I had time to meet up with some of you that live around there. I thank you for the offers to help but it looks like we'll have it covered.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Those of you that are OU alums would have been very proud of your school today.

At least 20 kids showed up to help.

all this got packed up, carried down 3 flights a stairs and loaded in a 14 ft trailer in an hour and a half

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It is always good to hear positive stories about good hearted people. There is not enough of them these days. Thanks for sharing Sam.