Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

background music

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Any of you enjoy Bluegrass music? I found a web site iheart.com and I can listen to Bluegrass music in the background when on the net. I am sure there are other types of music but I was only interested in Bluegrass as there is no radio station around here that plays it.
Enjoy or not.
Frank

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I enjoy bluegrass, but more so when it is live and played by folks I know. I have several buddies who have parents that play and I enjoy listening to them. I'll occasionally listen to Foggy Mountain Boys on Pandora.

I listen to iHeart all the time at work. My favorite band is Tool, so that's usually what I listen to. I get some funny looks from people at time when they walk past my office and Hooker With a Penis or some Manson is playing!!! lmao

Gordo

Athens County
Saw some great bluegrass last night. 'the fox and hound'. They play around ohio alot. Always a fun time. If u ever get the chance check them out

Im pretty open-minded music wise....Everything from early 1900s acoustic blues through hair-metal to dubstep an rap and everything in between......I have been jamming a lot of Gillian Welch/David rawlings,they are kinda bluegrass/america or something like that...Worth a listen for sure

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I friggin love Bluegrass. I don't really know why, since no one else in my family listens to it... My Grandfather is from the hills of western Virginia, so maybe that has something to do with it. I like all the traditional bluegrass artists like Bill Monroe, Yonder Mountain String Band, Earl Scruggs... But I really like the "newer" bluegrass... I'm a big fan of Old Crow Medicine Show, The Avette Brothers, and The Devil Makes Three.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I love bluegrass. For about an hour. Love it live more. It's just hard to find a bluegrass concert anymore.

Gordo

Athens County
Come down to athens for one. The little hippie mamas pin wheelin around is a bonus.

Rumpke mountain boys is another good group that plays alot around ohio.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I enjoy bluegrass as well. One of my favorites is a modern band though. They call themselves "Newgrass" singers if I am remembering correct. The Hackinsaw Boys. They just plain rock out some bluegrass. Love it.

Outside of this, I listen to modern country, but prefer older stuff while listening to background music on the computer. I tend to log onto the internet radio of 650AM The Legend out of Nashville. They play a pretty good mix of older country and a small taste of new country. Lots of Opry music.

Gordo

Athens County
I enjoy bluegrass as well. One of my favorites is a modern band though. They call themselves "Newgrass" singers if I am remembering correct. The Hackinsaw Boys. They just plain rock out some bluegrass. Love it.

Outside of this, I listen to modern country, but prefer older stuff while listening to background music on the computer. I tend to log onto the internet radio of 650AM The Legend out of Nashville. They play a pretty good mix of older country and a small taste of new country. Lots of Opry music.

At the end of July the hackinsaw boys played at 'final fridays' in nelsonville. Free outside show from about 7-9. It was a great little show. Them dudes always sound good.

They started off on a little stage but ended up walking out into the middle of the crowd and going acoustic for the last half hour or so. That really topped off a beautiful night. Lots of kids/families there which is great to see. Gotta love good old southeast Ohio!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I love bluegrass as well, like OCMS TOO. Nothing like hearing an ole fiddle crying or screamin', but an ole scrub banjer is my most favorite of all!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
The Mando is my fav, guess it cause a buddy I went to high school with played one and was with the Goins Brothers for several years.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've shared this before but thought I'd bring it back for some of the new guys. This is at our deer camp mid week after eatting a mess of backstraps and homemade french fries and sippin on some apple pie and a 30 pack of busch lights one evening. Playing fiddle and guitar are two good ole country boys of our hunting party the Palmer boys ages 16 and 18. They didn't drink.....er maybe just a sip of the pie. Dad was sitting at the table. Tristan and Dennis are self taught as was their ole man Orin!

Here's the last part of the the song "Wagonwheel"

Last edited: