Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to stop a massacre!

In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colorado, Batman movie theater shooting, a surveillance video has surfaced that shows the simple, obvious answer to the question on everybody's mind: How do we stop such a massacre?

The answer is revealed in the stunning short video shown below. This remarkable solution:

• Requires no police.
• Costs the taxpayers no money.
• Requires no up-front paperwork.
• Protects innocent lives.
• Is deployed in as little as FIVE seconds.
• Works everywhere.
• Deters violent crime.
• Makes bad guys flee immediately.
• Is easy to learn.
• Functions at the local level.
• Does not require control or intervention by the United Nations or any government entity.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/epZod2qyyN4

Bowhunter57

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Awesome! Man, did you see those dudes scatter! They were tripping over themselves trying to get out the door! :smiley_clap:

Shoulder Blade

Cool video. I get the point that arming more citizens should deter crime, but Im not sure what a concealed weapon holder could have done against an AR and a 100 round drum in such a situation as Aurora. That old man sure gave those thugs a load in their pants!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool video. I get the point that arming more citizens should deter crime, but Im not sure what a concealed weapon holder could have done against an AR and a 100 round drum in such a situation as Aurora. That old man sure gave those thugs a load in their pants!

Protected his own life. He can find cover an hold a defendable position. If an unarmed person does it then they're a sitting duck waiting to die. If they run they're a target. A CCW holder has the option to take cover in a defendable position and wait. What could a CCW holder could have done for the rest of them. Not much. But let's face it. My CCW is there to save my ass, not put my life on the line playing policeman because someone else never gave their personal safety a second thought.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Spot on! I don't have my CCW to be a hero. Truth be told, I hope I never need to use it. However, if I am ever found in a situation like this, I will darn sure defend myself and my family. I don't want to be a police officer, but if I can thwart a situation (while protecting myself and family) I would attempt to do so. My job is to raise my family. First things first. You have to be alive to be able to do so.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Old guy needs too hit the range some more.... There should of been two dead thugs there..... But kudos too him for stepping up and taking care of the situation.....

I think if someone would have returned fire in the movie theater that would have ended it. The individual did not want to die for his cause. He didn't commite suicide like many mass shooters do. Nor did he fire upon the police when he was arrested. In facted he peacefully surrendered. That tells me if bullets would have been coming back at him or if he had taken a hit to the vest that he was supposedly wearing he would have fled. If you take a few hits of 9mm a or larger caliber at close range it will knock you to the ground. Just watch any video on youtube wear a cop gets shot in the vest.

Old guy needs too hit the range some more.... There should of been two dead thugs there..... But kudos too him for stepping up and taking care of the situation.....

I agree. If your going to carry you need to be proficent with your weapon.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think if someone would have returned fire in the movie theater that would have ended it. The individual did not want to die for his cause. He didn't commite suicide like many mass shooters do. Nor did he fire upon the police when he was arrested. In facted he peacefully surrendered. That tells me if bullets would have been coming back at him or if he had taken a hit to the vest that he was supposedly wearing he would have fled. If you take a few hits of 9mm a or larger caliber at close range it will knock you to the ground. Just watch any video on youtube wear a cop gets shot in the vest.

I agree. If your going to carry you need to be proficent with your weapon.

But firing a shot would have likely been a bad idea. Dark crowded movie theatre with people everywhere. The odds of hitting an unintended target would be very high and you're responsible for that bullet and it's damages after it leaves the gun. While I feel bad for the victims, the reason I carry is because I refuse to be a victim. I'm not putting my neck on the line to take care of others safety they wouldn't take care of themselves. That unless it was very cut and dry and the shit was clear. Judgement call.

On a side note, In the CCW classes the advise you to stay out of other peoples business. You don't know the whole story. Someone could be beating this person to death and you intervene, the situation escalates and you end up using your CCW. What you might not know is the person doing the beating might have initially been the victim and got the upper hand against his attacker then thought you were his buddy. You just shot an innocent person. etc.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I don't think he missed with all of them. If I remember right there were some non life threatening wounds. I think he was carrying a .380 if I remember the story correctly and this is the same one i'm thinking of.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My wife shoots a .380 and the hollow points in that gun would most definetly fugg you up at that range....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't think he missed with all of them. If I remember right there were some non life threatening wounds. I think he was carrying a .380 if I remember the story correctly and this is the same one i'm thinking of.

Wounds prolly came from them crashing into each other at the door! Rotflmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
He did hit them both. Seem to me the only thing he did wrong was carry a 380.
It should have been a 45...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sur...arry-holder-opening-fire-on-would-be-robbers/

"Both of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions."

Read the link. They interview the 2 crooks. Its worth the min. it will take

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
My wife shoots a .380 and the hollow points in that gun would most definetly fugg you up at that range....

I agree, but you would be surpised at how many people carry FMJ target loads in their CCW. I know of 3 people I've ran across this year after checking out their gun noticed they weren't carrying HP's.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
He did hit them both. Seem to me the only thing he did wrong was carry a 380.
It should have been a 45...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sur...arry-holder-opening-fire-on-would-be-robbers/

"Both of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions."

Read the link. They interview the 2 crooks. Its worth the min. it will take

Ha! Robber dude said he would have shown mercy to a guy who had been shot and fallen down...fugg that. I would have kept shooting until the fugger didn't move! Did you see how the would-be robber was swinging the gun towards the old man as he started shooting?! How was the old dude suppose to know these dudes didn't have a loaded gun! Fugg that, they got what they deserved!