Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooter?

droptine76

Medina
I got 3 pics of this buck from my last camera check. I am not great at age/scoring bucks. I am looking for some estimates. Any Input is appreciated.

On a side note; I am new to this site and have lived in Ohio for a little over a year. This will my second season huning in Ohio. I live in Medina, but I have permission to hunt 100 acres in Belmont County. The land hunts smaller than 100 Acres due to the terrain. That is where all of my hunting in Ohio is done. I still have a lease in Illinois that I hunt during the rut.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 204

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
welcome dt! Nice buck ya got there. I'm no pro like some of these guys, but I'll weigh in...he looks mid 120's to me and 2.5 to 3.5 on age. Solid deer for sure! Sure beats the Florida deer I see every year! I'll check back in here and see how close I am to a few of the expert scorers in these parts...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Welcome to TOO. Nice young buck you got there. Im not going to guess a score but I would definitely have a hard time not shooting him for sure.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I concur with the rest of the guys about score. I don't know what your hunting is like around that property but at my place he would get a pass. Not saying that is what you should do, just saying what I would do. He has some good potential to have some decent mass next season IMO.

Best of luck either way and welcome to TOO, the best site there is!

droptine76

Medina
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I got several pictures of this 8 point in the same area last season. Do you think it could be the same deer and it turned into a 10 point?

Attachments

• eightpoint2011.jpg
    eightpoint2011.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 211

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with most above. Gross 125 + or - an inch or two after velvet falls. Welcome to the site and goodluck this season.