Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Bow

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well..I'm going to be the owner of a 2010 PSE Bow Madness...It is an upgrade (giant leap) from my PSE Deerhunter that I have been bothering a few of you about with set up questions...I know how some of you feel about PSE's already, and this is definitely not a wood grip bow, but I would honestly like to hear all info and opininons about this bow that you might have....so let's hear it guys, good, bad or ugly....let me hear it!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That PSE will work out just fine. The Bow Madness seems to be an underrated bow and a good value. Shoot it and decide if you like it. If you do it doesn't matter to me that you shoot a Parts Scatter Everywhere... ;)

If ever around North Central Ohio take it up to SCO for a tune, strings and upgrades. New strings on a PSE are almost a given.

If you do it doesn't matter to me that you shoot a Parts Scatter Everywhere... ;)

New strings on a PSE are almost a given.

I agree with the strings comments...The mainline bows its a good idea to upgrade,I am pretty sure the Pro series line comes with ABB strings......I wouldn't knock the PSE to bad Charles,at least parts an customer service are available for them..mischeif.gif.........

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
If I came off as negative,I didnt intend to.:smiley_blackeye:.Just dont want ya to have string stretch at a bad time(like half way through deer season) or peep rotation at a bad time(like at full draw on a deer)

I did not think that at all....I want to hear all opinions, thoughts, experiences for what they are or were...how you say it matters not to me.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've never shot one of the newer PSE's, so I can't speak for their feel or performance. Even so, I guarantee you'll be happy with it... simply because it's such a big jump in technology from your older bow. Maybe once you own it for a while and shoot a few other bows will you start to notice things you don't like about it, but I don't think you have to worry much about that. The main complaint I've read about the PSE's is poor string quality. Good thing for you our resident archery tuner/dealer/genius Milo can get you the hook up on a new set of Pro Line threads. :smiley_bril:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
The deerhunter was my first bow...I feel that I learned a lot while shooting it in the backyard....mostly because of a lot of help from fellow TOO members!! Thanks guys!

I would be effective from 0-20yds with this bow, but after that it takes forever for the arrow to hit the target....so I guess this was the driving force behind my new bow WANTS...and pretty much NEEDS TOO!

From all my conversations and threads read about new bows, I just simply made up my mind that I wanted this bow madness...got it for a good price and can't wait to get it in my hands....

I can't wait to shoot it and see how much better it will feel than 2009 deerhunter...the grip is smaller than the one I shoot now, but I have picked one up before in Gander Mtn. and it felt pretty good....now I just have to shoot it.

I prbly should have gone to my local archery shop and shot a few bows before I bought one, but I'm still ok with getting this bow and then shooting it and setting it up...should be getting it anytime between mid week and next week.

I will prbly catch some shit for saying this but I did look at Elite's and even some of the Strother's bows...I've heard a lot of talk about these 2 bows from TOO, but I missed some good opportunities on some elite's and just couldn't wait anylonger for another good deal to come up.

My buddy just sold a 56LB max Elite GT500 black riser an snow camo limbs for 375$ shipped,...I think the Bowmadness is a fine bow regardless..Nobody makes a bow I 100% love,and everybody makes a few model I would shoot/own in a heartbeat..I just love bows,Compound,trad,Crossbows any of them ..

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
if it was on ebay, it prbly is one of the bows that I missed the end time of the auction....I actually stopped lookig at PSE's for awhile and was only considering and Elite product. Got an itchy trigger finger one night and bid on the PSE, for the same price!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
that should be a worthwhile upgrade for many years to come. good luck with it. my first compound was a PSE it was a darn fine bow.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
that should be a worthwhile upgrade for many years to come. good luck with it. my first compound was a PSE it was a darn fine bow.

Thanks Milo...I've enjoyed shooting my deerhunter for the past couple of years and sure I will like the bow madness as well...There will be plenty of updates to come I'm sure.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I shoot PSE and love them. But, their strings were crap. The new ones all come with Pro lines. I take the advice and get a new if it looks slightly worn at all. As far as shooting, you'll love it

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well, I got the "new to me" bow last night...opened it up and the seller put it in an old soft bow case that must have been made for a longer bows...Don't need it but it was free so, what the heck...

Bow Madness.jpgBow Madness 3.jpgBow Madness 2.jpg

Might have some work to do though...looks like the cable has serving on it around the cam that is frayed and I can see the string under it.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Time for a call to SCO! New strings and cables.

Yep. That serving separation is in a pretty normal spot, though... It looks to be right where it rolls hard over the module. It's definitely ready for a new set of threads. That twisted peep is a sure sign that the string has stretched a bit.