Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gimme back my bullets

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There aren't many things that make a waterfowler as happy as when something like this shows up at his doorstep...

:)

Last edited:

Derek j

Knox Co.
How does the hevi-metal shoot for you? I have used black cloud the last three years, and experimented with blind side last year some. I actually liked it slightly better than the BC. I am going to try the close range BC, blind side, and possibly hevi-metal this year and then decide which one I like. I would LOVE to try the new Hevi-ball that came out this year, but at $30+ for 10 shells........I would be scared to shoot it and loose 3 bucks a shot!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How does the hevi-metal shoot for you? I have used black cloud the last three years, and experimented with blind side last year some. I actually liked it slightly better than the BC. I am going to try the close range BC, blind side, and possibly hevi-metal this year and then decide which one I like. I would LOVE to try the new Hevi-ball that came out this year, but at $30+ for 10 shells........I would be scared to shoot it and loose 3 bucks a shot!

To be honest I haven't had a chance to truly pattern the Hevi Metal yet. I was given a couple a boxes last year from a buddy... hunted with them toward the end of the season... but never shot paper with them. I'll say this, though... They absolutely WRECK ducks and geese. I honestly cannot think of a single cripple while shooting the hevi metal.