Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tough times

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
As if this year hasn't been trying enough for my family....... my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in July and has been battling it every day, and I have been dizzy since last tuesday, October 4th I think.

I have been to the doctor 2 times and to the chiropractor 2 times this week also. The diagnosis is vestibular neuritis and it is an inflammation of the vestibular nerve in the middle ear. Basically it gives you vertigo and constant dizziness and there is little to nothing that can be done about it. Talk about a piss poor time to come down with this! Work all fucking year looking forward to this time of year and this happens at the worst possible time.

Hell, I get into a treestand and I feel like I'm going to fall out, and even if a deer comes by its really hard to focus on it, let alone try and shoot a bow.
This is the 12th day in a row I have been this way and the symptoms aren't getting any better. I had the same thing happen to me about 5 years ago and it lasted 24 days if I remember correctly.

As far as the wife goes, she had to have a mastectomy to start with, and also had to have her ovaries removed 2 weeks ago (sure am glad I had my nuts snipped 6 weeks ago) and now she is taking hormone therapy. She is at stage 4 right now and she is only 33 years old! The good news is she is feeling fairly good right now, but she has pain that comes and goes.

I hope you guys enjoy your time in the woods this fall, even though you may not kill a big buck. Just be happy that you have your health and that your family is healthy also. I pray that things will only get better.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Oh man, this sucks. I'll pray for you and your family. Let me know If I can do anything for you.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Here I was bitching about a bad start of the deer season boy do I feel like an idiot now. I didn't know about your wifes condition or yours until just now. Thoughts and prayers from the family and myself. Take care buddy and if you 2 need anything just yell.

Gern186,
My prayers are with you and your wife. :smiley_ahh:

Set your heels and dig in, as this is beatable. There are survivors of stage 4 cancer. Granted not many, but God is more than capable of dilvering your wife from this terrible affliction.

My wife is a 2x breast cancer survivor. :smiley_bril: The first time, she had a lumpectomy and radiation. The second time she had a double mastectomy, reconstructive surgery and 3 complication surgeries afterwards. She is now considered to be a 6 year survivor and has been cancer free for 3 years. Dr. Henry Gerad, at the Gerad Cancer Center, has been a very important part of my wife's recovery. There were other doctors that had significant influence in her recovery, but God has had his hand on her all the way.

Again, my prayers are with you, bro. Take care!

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been wondering how things were going Chad but didn't want to pester you about it. Sorry to hear how things are still going for you and your wife. Thoughts and prayers are on their way buddy. I know it's easy to say but stay strong. Is ther any medication you can take or is the only remedy a trip to the OR? Can you maybe hunt from the ground blind till things get better. It really puts things into perspective when you hear of health issues other people are having. May God help you and your family through this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear this Chad. I can't imagine the stress it must bring on a family. I hope I never have to. Hopefully the vertigo works itself out quickly. Hunting will always be there, but I pray your health and your wife's health turn around for you. If there is anything I can do, let me know. Prayers sent.

rrr

Be praying for you.

We had a great family friend that passed away a month ago from intestinal complications. She was a 2x breast cancer survivor and also was in 100% remission from ovarian. Her motto was "God is Good, All the Time". I have never met a sweeter lady or a stronger person. Hats off to you and your wife, you can win.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Damn chad,...,Jam.really sorry to hear about ur condition now...I hope and pray that ur wife comes through a stronger woman andre pray that ur children a given the strength to handle the situation.......if u need.anything let me know