Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Two years ago today.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Two guys set out with an idea to create a website for some of their friends. A place where a small group of dedicated hunters could gather to swap tactics and talk about our obsession that is deer hunting. We didn't want any rules, any censorship, or hands being tied by sponsors as to what we could say. We wanted a deer camp feel, we wanted the candor and bond you can only find sitting around the fire with friends. We had been on many other sites; we saw what people liked, what worked, but more importantly what didn't.

I loaded the code and we we're off to the races. Thousands of hours spent behind the computer after the day job tweaking this, adding that, and getting everything right. Two years and three server upgrades later due to growth, TOO has outgrown anything we ever expected it to be. To that we owe our members. Some of the greatest, most dedicated, awesome people in the world and we consider each of you family. We've had some hardships, some spectacular hunts, and watched as people killed the buck of their dreams. We've seen families grow, children introduced to hunting, and the loss of loved ones. TOO has became more than I could have ever dreamed, far beyond just another hunting site, far beyond a virtual deer camp, to me it's family.

Last year at this time TOO had 75,783 posts and 1.2 million page views. Today TOO is sporting 169,768 posts and 3.2 million page views. And we're still growing at an extraordinary rate.. This year we have seen a +166% increase in unique visitors. You guys have made TOO the most active hunting site in the state of Ohio, on a weekly basis you double the posts of our competitor.

So a heartfelt Thank you to our TOO family for making TheOhioOutdoors the fastest growing hunting site in the state of Ohio.

Here is to the two years behind, and the many more to come. :smiley_candle::smiley_cheers:

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First we're gonna take over Ohio!... then the midwest!.... then the country!... then the whole fuggin deer-hunting world!!!! Beeeeyaaahhhhhhh!!!

:smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Joe summed it up pretty well. The sense of pride I feel when talking about this site is like none other. This is a brotherhood that is brought together through these "walls" and it feels like the greatest deer camp in the world! We owe you guys a huge "Thank You" for making this place what it has become. Joe and I simply had a vision, but you guys took the vision and ran with it. I also owe Joe a huge "Thanks" as well as he is truly the man behind the curtain. I could not have done this without him. If it were not for him, the bricks and mortar that hold this place together would be in shambles because Lord knows running a website from the IT side is not my forte!!!

I offer you all my sincerest and deepest "Thanks". This place is my home away from home and you all are my brothers from other mothers!!! :smiley_clap:

ohio
Thanks for having such a great site!! I TOO have spent more time here than other hunting sites, because this one is the best, most up to date and has the best people on it, I thank you

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Its the right place to be boys!...no sloberators, no annoying adds and honest information exchange....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
The willingness of members here to help and become involved with other members, not just on answering questions but also when guys need a hand in the "real world" is just amazing.
Best, REALEST site ever.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
thank you guys for puttin in the time and work to give us something to look forward too. i know during hunting season im always checking in too see who has killed what ect... lots of good people here and lots of good info.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I agree. This really is the home away from home. Joe, Jesse and EVERYONE ELSE involved.....Thank You for being you and helping us share this "GREAT AMERICAN PASSION" that we call deer hunting.

Didn't know there was another site........ And really don't care if there is one... Can't be like this one!

Last edited: