Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Barn swallows

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
We've always had a bunch of barn swallows, sometimes I get annoyed how they make a mess in the buildings but I enjoy watching them and they eat tons of bugs. This even I go in the barn and I see this really cool sight.

4 chicks perched on the edge of the nest. My phone camera doesn't do them justice.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with ya, Sam... I think barn swallows are really cool. I wouldn't kick them out of my barn or garage either. Chimney Swifts (often confused with barn swallows), are another awesome little bird that I enjoy seeing around.

Derek j

Knox Co.
We have a ton of them in our barns as well. The only problem is the mess they make. Other than that they are cool birds. It gets hairy when they zoom by your head at Mach 3 though coming in and out of the barns!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Which barn are they in Sam? Main one or equipment barn? Always liked watching them swooping around....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
It's the big barn, just inside the door by where the sprayer was knocked over.

Funniest thing is watching swallows dive bomb cats!lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Barn swallows are cool to watch! They're pretty cool to watch as they skim the pond for a drink TOO! Purple Martins kick ass in the bug eatting department TOO! My dad put up a PM house tower nearly 20 years ago and they all still keep coming back. Must be like 10 pairs or something.