Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Millenium brackets and screw in steps...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Last time I shopped it was ebay. Never tried Amazon as that was 2 years ago. Seems I bought a box of 50 screw in steps for $50-60 shipped. Might have been 2 boxes of 25. Same price though.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
$24.99 @ Macks I believe. SCO needs to become a dealer. Haha he is already Jbrowns "dealer"....gives him what he needs! lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You can get 20 steps for 20$ at buckeye outdoors/vances(I spend alot of time in there)..Whats cheap for the Millennium brackets?I know a very reliable place that has them for 35$ shipped new,but I dont know much about pricing on them otherwise

Regular ones or the longer ones with the end angled up a bit? Not bad either way, just thought I would point out there is more than one style. Make sure you a bidding on what you are looking for before buying.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Wasn't any kind of "deal" to be had on EBAY or Amazon. I may poke my head in Vances....been there a couple times ;)

Regular ones or the longer ones with the end angled up a bit? Not bad either way, just thought I would point out there is more than one style. Make sure you a bidding on what you are looking for before buying.

I think regular..Took me a minute to find it here pg4 left side http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

Is it a bad idea(safety wise) to install those,then remove and install in same hole a few days or weeks later?...I only got 3 LW sticks and would like a option to get a few more feet at the bottom for a few dollars(safely). 13-15ft is about my max right now,which I can deal with..I just wondered if the a a few screw-ins would be a decent option?

Last edited:
50$-ish on avg for a single 32in LW stick.......Plus the LW stick caddy fluteman made famous(#1 priority),a foot rest,an some sort of cushion upgrade..Wanting to add the Wolf pack at some point an ditch the Molle II,local place the wolf pack for about half off an its still 70$:frown:.....The GPG TS is a deal and the Molle II seems better suited for a climber,because it gets in the way of some things on the LW alpha..Its useable,but a GPG system or Wolf Pack would be more efficient and easier in the dark... Bottom line on all that is I want the LW bad because of how it detaches ,has pockets for calls an do dads,an goes on the tree to use as a backrest..I just pray nobody ever tells my wife how much that investment totals:smiley_blackeye: ....

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Do yourself a favor and don't buy the stick caddy, it is cheap junk and too short to use properly. The cam buckles that come with it don't allow you to cinch them tight enough and the strap isn't long enough.

Buy yourself two stainless picture hangers,

and use self tapping screws to mount them to the back of a stick, one towards the middle, and one closer to an end. Find yourself an old ruffle bag strap and use it.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy the stick caddy, it is cheap junk and too short to use properly. The cam buckles that come with it don't allow you to cinch them tight enough and the strap isn't long enough.

Buy yourself two stainless picture hangers,

and use self tapping screws to mount them to the back of a stick, one towards the middle, and one closer to an end. Find yourself an old ruffle bag strap and use it.

Any pics of the finished product?I am trying TOO imagine the item an it being used,but my mind is blank..Greg ya know im a little slow.............
..............What if it dont want RUFFLES on my strap:smiley_crocodile:

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Here it is with a d-ring and 3/4" nylon webbing, my previous setup.

Attached to their hardware. I would not suggest doing this...

Fugg yeah!!.....That is pretty bad ass!!! So other then the using factory bolts,just self tap as stated??.And it looks like I will want the sticks tree brackets facing me/up when its slung over me,strap on the bottom stick?I may hit ya up about it sometime...

That will save me some cash on what sounds like a crap product..And it may make it a little easier on this fat dude...

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Fugg yeah!!.....That is pretty bad ass!!! So other then the using factory bolts,just self tap as stated??.And it looks like I will want the sticks tree brackets facing me/up when its slung over me,strap on the bottom stick?I may hit ya up about it sometime...

That will save me some cash on what sounds like a crap product..And it may make it a little easier on this fat dude...

You are correct. Like I said though, don't use the existing bolts. they actually aren't long enough, so they have to be replaced. I didn't like that idea, so I came up with the self tap screws. BTW, the d-rings and webbing work just fine, I just didn't like that the d-loops twisted and didn't stay in place like they should. I know, call me anal...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I usually pick up screw in steps at walmart after the season closes... Most years I can find them on clearance for a buck a piece. Each year I seem to collect more and more... I have a crap load of them now.

The millennium brackets usually run 25 to 30 bucks no matter where you buy them. The only place cheaper might be down at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Columbus... so I've been told.

---

I think I'm going to order a new M102 millennium ratchet receiver. An email from Millennium confirmed what I thought I was seeing in the picture of it... That strap connects on one side of the bracket with a bolt. But the other end of the strap is held to the bracket with a quick-detach pin. I like this idea, but I don't like the ratchet strap. I think I'm going to buy one, then swap it out with one of my extra LW cambuckle straps. This would be the perfect mobile receiver bracket IMO.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I usually pick up screw in steps at walmart after the season closes... Most years I can find them on clearance for a buck a piece. Each year I seem to collect more and more... I have a crap load of them now.

The millennium brackets usually run 25 to 30 bucks no matter where you buy them. The only place cheaper might be down at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Columbus... so I've been told.

---

I think I'm going to order a new M102 millennium ratchet receiver. An email from Millennium confirmed what I thought I was seeing in the picture of it... That strap connects on one side of the bracket with a bolt. But the other end of the strap is held to the bracket with a quick-detach pin. I like this idea, but I don't like the ratchet strap. I think I'm going to buy one, then swap it out with one of my extra LW cambuckle straps. This would be the perfect mobile receiver bracket IMO.

Good eyes JB, I never noticed that. I gotta order another chain receiver and was gonna order the ratchet strap one also for going mobile. Thought about finding a way to rig it up with a LW strap, but figured I would tackle that once I got it in my hands.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Like the idea Fluteman, the only issue I have would be the d-ring clinging on the sticks walking around? Any trouble with this? I agree the stick caddy is chit! I only use LW but have two Milleniums for comfort. I usually just carry them in by hand to my pre-sets but it can be cumbersome with my bow, bag, camera, and extra chit for the day!

Has anyone used the Kwik-Strap for their stands to secure everything down tight and soundproof?