Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Easton Axis / Slick Tricks

Shoulder Blade

Wantin to buy some 125gr Slick Tricks to pair up with my Axis 400's HIT. Should I order some broadhead adapter rings as well? I don't mind the extra weight if it means saving some shafts.
What say you?

Thanks

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wantin to buy some 125gr Slick Tricks to pair up with my Axis 400's HIT. Should I order some broadhead adapter rings as well? I don't mind the extra weight if it means saving some shafts.
What say you?

Thanks
You won't have any problems with the slick tricks damaging your arrows, so no need for the adapter rings, just use the retention rings that come with them. I shoot Axis 340s with slick trick mags.

Last edited:

Shoulder Blade

These things are pretty wicked. Have tried alot of BHs but this one I felt like I needed to be overly cautious handling. In fact was talking to wife and kid while handling a rigged arrow. Poked my thumb pretty good, ouch! My only comment would be to make a different size diameter ferrel (sp?) for smaller shafted carbons. If they could
make it a bit longer yet skinnier to keep the same mass. My ratio of practice shots : deer shots is roughly 1000:1 so I can live with diameter difference.