Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need a trail cam

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
My daughter started riding horses again today. The stables are in the sticks and her instructor told us that they have quite a few boar in the area. They said the boar only come out at night and root along the creek that runs next to the corral.

I went down to check it out and it was tore the hell up with hog sign. SO I asked (BTW through and interpreter) if I could hang a trail camera down there to take pictures.

They said yes so I'm officially in the market for a 150 to 200 dollar camera.

Any suggestions? I'd buy a Buckeye cam, but I'm too cheap.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have a Moltrie and a Stealth, they take great pictures. Make sure to get the infra red flash. Both were under $200.00 The stealth came with two memory cards the Moltrie did not come with any.

Good Luck and show us some pictures.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Call up Opticsplanet. I find if you call them direct and talk to an operator, they usually have some room to deal. I bought 2 and a buddy bought 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams. $160 each. When you get close to a year out of $20 in batteries, it is nice. If you buy a camera for $125, but spend $100 a year in batteries, it is not really saving any money. I am very happy with the Trophy Cams. We have 5 now. One was stolen. I hate thieves. Happy shopping!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm happy with my Bushnell. Good trigger time. Stills are great but movie mode is a little grainy. I'd buy a second one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
+1 more for the Bushnell TC. Mine's been running since December 2009 and the battery indicator still reads full power... after over 7000 pictures and a few hundred video clips.