Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Branding hunting items...when does it stop?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Its almost impossible to find items that aren't Bone collector this or The crush that. I make it a point to try and buy non branded items...pretty tough at times.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
come on it not that bad ( this message brought to by skeeter creek outdoors, Hank tucker outdoors and WTF product marketing):smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Same here. I pick on them. I'm about to the point where I want to start an Internet parody show of those jokers. Well name it boob collector. Lol. And have guest appearances by boobs that buy in to it hook line and sinker. Real brainwashed jokers. and have a real ditzy chick with huge fake knockers baby talking all the time.

ohio
I agree, the trend is ridiculous. People follow them cause they shoot big bucks, well they grow big bucks, kinda hard to shoot small ones when there are so many big ones

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Same here. I pick on them. I'm about to the point where I want to start an Internet parody show of those jokers. Well name it boob collector. Lol. And have guest appearances by boobs that buy in to it hook line and sinker. Real brainwashed jokers. and have a real ditzy chick with huge fake knockers baby talking all the time.

you should call it Boob Correcktor....say it like a china guy

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
TOO funny Milo!

Honestly Carpn, I don't care what name is on it. I don't care if my camo doesn't match. I don't care if it is last year's lineup of clothes or 3yrs old overstock. I buy what is cheap and/or in the bargain bins. Pretty rare for me to spend it on the branded items. If I didn't buy it in clearance, then it is probably because I received a bunch of gift certificates and I was "treating" myself to something a little nicer. They can save the branding and reduce the prices for all I care.

jeremy44230

Medina County
It's gettin pretty dang bad! Just look at all the stuff in the stores... They have hit all aspects of the market with their brands! You gotta buy the other brands just so you don't get some corny ass label or name on things! I wonder how long that crap can last of just pimping everything out! Guess when people stop buying...

jeremy44230

Medina County
TOO funny Milo!

Honestly Carpn, I don't care what name is on it. I don't care if my camo doesn't match. I don't care if it is last year's lineup of clothes or 3yrs old overstock. I buy what is cheap and/or in the bargain bins. Pretty rare for me to spend it on the branded items. If I didn't buy it in clearance, then it is probably because I received a bunch of gift certificates and I was "treating" myself to something a little nicer. They can save the branding and reduce the prices for all I care.

Right on! I don't even know what camo pattern I have. Bought some stuff last summer on clearance.

I have yet to have a deer tell me that I don't match or my clothes are too old...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
you should call it Boob Correcktor....say it like a china guy

lmao lmao lmao

---

I totally agree though... I too am sick of the constant pimping and branding. But you know what's sad, is the amount of hunters out there that ACTUALLY BUY INTO THE HYPE! Example... Over the weekend I went to a local 3d shoot and some of the guys were just going crazy over another guy's Mathews Heli-m. "Oh my god! It's so light! Dude you gotta pick this up!" "Holy shit man you're right... I can't believe how light that thing is! I gotta have one!" This thing had the weighted harmonic stabilizers on it and everything. Sure fellas, I can really feel that .2 or .3 pound difference too. :smiley_depressive: Gimme a break.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's gettin pretty dang bad! Just look at all the stuff in the stores... They have hit all aspects of the market with their brands! You gotta buy the other brands just so you don't get some corny ass label or name on things! I wonder how long that crap can last of just pimping everything out! Guess when people stop buying...

No kidding. Since when do I need an energy drink by Mossy Oak or whoever it is selling drinks? Are you freaking kidding me? Give me a thermos of deer chili, a couple waters, and someone pass the acorn cruncher while I look thru my Deerview Mirrow to see what is behind me! bahahahaa

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No kidding. Since when do I need an energy drink by Mossy Oak or whoever it is selling drinks? Are you freaking kidding me? Give me a thermos of deer chili, a couple waters, and someone pass the acorn cruncher while I look thru my Deerview Mirrow to see what is behind me! bahahahaa

And be careful not to sit on your Butt-Out tool. lmao

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
But you know what's sad, is the amount of hunters out there that ACTUALLY BUY INTO THE HYPE! Example...

I'd say that the majority of boob correcktors out there buy into it. That's why company's keep slapping on logos & branding the hell outta everything. They're nascarin' everything up & I don't see it getting any better. $$$$$$

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's actually kind of smart with bone collector did. The products are usually cheaper once he puts his name on them. Most celebrity type people put their name on a product in charge more. He said if you're going to put my name on it you're going to charge this and it's cheap. He basically applied the Walmart principal.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I am gonna guess someone already has the rights tothe boob collector name.....and its probably a way better site than the boob collector you describe...lol.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Right on! I don't even know what camo pattern I have. Bought some stuff last summer on clearance.

I have yet to have a deer tell me that I don't match or my clothes are too old...

Spot on!
I did have a deer once beg me to quit using my smoker, then said some mean remarks about Brock's family heritage. Kinda rude...