Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Backyard Plot

Big H

Medina
I put a small plot behind the house yesterday. Mowed it close last week, rototilled, limed, fertilized and planted Evolved Habitats blend of forage oats and chicory. Now I am just waiting for it to rain... If you look close you can see the double ladder stand Sami killed her buck out of last year.

Attachments

• 2012 backyard plot.jpg
    2012 backyard plot.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a great story for Sami! Hope that food plot produces another nice deer or two for you guys this year. Bet she is loving her Daddy right now! hahah

Was there a food plot there last year? If not, it looks like it worked up pretty decent for you.

Big H

Medina
What a great story for Sami! Hope that food plot produces another nice deer or two for you guys this year. Bet she is loving her Daddy right now! hahah

Was there a food plot there last year? If not, it looks like it worked up pretty decent for you.

Yes there was, I used Throw and Grow last year. I actually made the area a bit bigger this year. When I mowed it a couple weeks ago, it was like hay, so I had to wait for it to dry out so I could blow it all to the sides. There are always some decent bucks around here, we will see. The bigger attraction is the oak trees that are absolutely loaded with acorns very close by....

Big H

Medina
I just hit the bare spots around the edge with some brassicas. It is coming up good so far for 9 days after I planted.

Attachments

• backyard plot 9 days old.jpg
    backyard plot 9 days old.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 203