Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Toy ~~ Scorpyd Ventilator Crossbow

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Bought a New Crossbow. Got the Scorpyd Ventilator 150. This thing is Awesome with one of the smoothest triggers I've ever used on a crossbow.
36" Length
13" Wide in Cocked Position
18.5" Power Stroke
Hawke XB 30 Scope (Light Collector)
Up to 400 FPS (386 w/426 gr arrow)
140+ Pounds of KE

hpim1863a.jpg hpim1865a.jpg

Groups are Great out to 65 yds.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
hoelee bolt slinger xbowguy that thing looks mean...how does it balance? i wish xbows can with adjustable stocks...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
They do. PSE Tac 15

[video=youtube;GQ3ieUUoVo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3ieUUoVo4[/video]

Would like to shoot one of these Beene. They are extra heavy I know for sure. The Rep said most guys mount a tripod on them for stability. But they get good groups out to 100 yds!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
What is the purpose of the reverse limbs, to give it a longer power stroke? I'd be scared to death of that thing exploding and sending fragments of exploded limbs back in my face!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
What is the purpose of the reverse limbs, to give it a longer power stroke? I'd be scared to death of that thing exploding and sending fragments of exploded limbs back in my face!

This has been a concern of mine. But I find no evidence (so far) of Scorpyd's exploding. I would say Beene is right about the power stroke and maybe vibration/noise factor. Per design, I would say (if it did happen) parts would fly out to the sides instead of back at you. Pull is only 150# so extra power is all from the cams which are the biggest on a crossbow I have seen to date.