Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kisser or no kisser

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I have always shot with one. I am leaning towards getting away from one, but not sure I can break the habit. I really find the KB helpful when wearing a face mask. Just gives me the assurance everything is where it should be.

So you using one?

jeremy44230

Medina County
Had one before I got my bow restrung a couple weeks ago. It was not placed on it when done, so I thought I would forget it... No problems at all in shooting! Don't even know its gone.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
a kisser should only be used as an added point of reference. i suggest you find a couple other places to anchor and use the kisser to help the other 2.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Since getting back into bow hunting 2 years ago I've had one. I find it helps me concentrate on shooting instead of being focused on the deer.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I've never had one on my bow. But I guess if it would make you feel more comfortable or confident then you should probably use one.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I used one religiously up until last year. Decided I wanted to learn to shoot without one, and it has worked out well. I have found that in place of a kisser button, I use the top end of the center serving as a reference point or "kisser" for my bottom lip. When I draw, I close my eyes, find the end of the serving with my lip, settle in and open my eyes. I get a consistent anchor every time that I am confident in.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I usually don't use one for shooting, but wind up putting one on to hunt. As Milo said, another reference is always handy, and it is hard to find a quicker, more-certain reference than a kisser. If using a facemask, I think it really helps.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is a great point of reference, but I don't use one. With my release and anchor point, I have 3 points of contact that are consistent and that eliminates the need for one in my case...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Used to but don't anymore. I may add on for cold weather hunting. I use my nose, release hand more than the kisser anyway.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Right now I don't use a kisser but I've thought about tying in a "lump" of serving to use as a kisser. I currently use my release hand position as reference, and I settle the string in the corner of my mouth... so that it pulls down on my bottom lip a bit. It's hard to explain... I just know that it feels the same every time I get it in the right spot. A kisser would certainly help in creating a consistent anchor point.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I think it's whatever youre more comfortable with. I'm used to one and wil probly always use one..it's just normal to me and feels natural if that makes sense.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
More guys are using them than I would have thought. I'm due for some bow tweaking, and was really thinking about not putting one on, but I don't think I'm going to like it come time in the stand this winter.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I never used one until last year when I changed my entire setup just so I could have the added point of reference until I get use to shooting the new setup. Time will tell how long I keep it on there.