Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Priceless! Garrett in combine

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is my 6 year old, Garrett, in the combine with me tonight. I was riding with the farmer while he was picking the last 1/3 of the field. Probably 25% left and they headed out to another field for tomorrow. He started from the road and worked back. 90acre field. He did pick several passes along the rear of the field along the perimeters. I am so pumped. The deer are going to feel a bit of security between the corn and wood line along the creek. I just need to decide where I am setting up. Big area, so I suppose I will just let the wind dictate my spot based upon available trees and expected paths of entry into the field from the woods.

Besides the corn coming off being priceless, seeing Garrett and teaching him about how the combine works and what the farmers were doing was priceless. This is not something every kid gets an opportunity to do. Not sure if I enjoyed it more or Garrett did. Honestly, think I did, but he had a good time too!

Attachments

• IMG00227-20101015-1749 Garrett in combine.jpg
    IMG00227-20101015-1749 Garrett in combine.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 125

rrr

Nice! I ride with my buddy once a year or so and love it. It's fun as crap to shoot rabbits off the platform too...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I pulled a ground blind from our inventory today. Should have had it aired out a week or so ago. Oh well. I set it up all afternoon. Before I left for hunting tonight, I put a metal chair inside the blind and let the Scent Smoker finish puffing inside there as I left. Should be nice to set it up after church, brush it in quick, help my buddy hang the last 22' ladder on his new property, come back for Garrett and hunt. I would not be surprised if we get a shot at a doe. They are sometimes dumb and curious. I would at least love to get some deer to look at for him tomorrow afternoon/evening. My wife is having a baby shower at the house. Daddy/Garrett time in the woods! Will take pictures.