Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ozonics

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What up with this new fad. WTH, nearly every tv celeb and "pro" hunter(lol) pimps them in mags now! Everyone of these hunters have had great success without it till now and now they feel they need this contraption! I can hear it running over the audio and I imagine the deer hear it TOO. Especially when they 3 of em in the tree at the same time. Rotflmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep... I asked Jay Gregory about it last year when we were setting up cameras. He said he thought it helped. Seems we get much better endorsements for SS, and we don't have the money to pay for them.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
My buddy sells them. They must of had the mic right up against it or something cause they don't make much noise at all. That would be kinda defeating any purpose to use it for deer hunting. He used it a few times last year late but you gotta have deer around to find out if its working or not...lol... He had a bad year...lol... His best buyers are the amish to by the way...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My buddy sells them. They must of had the mic right up against it or something cause they don't make much noise at all. That would be kinda defeating any purpose to use it for deer hunting. He used it a few times last year late but you gotta have deer around to find out if its working or not...lol... He had a bad year...lol... His best buyers are the amish to by the way...

Lmao on the last sentence!!! An air freshner wouldn't hurt either, maybe something in pine or cowshit! Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Seriously though, if they were successful so often earlier why use them. Are they getting busted with all their scentblocking suits on. Bottomline, I agree with Greg, just another endorsement on something you don't need just to pay for an extra hunt or da bills.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If they don't have these kind of sponsors then they have no show... Bottomline

Yeah, I agree but it flames my ass that they're willing to pimp shit to hunters knowing they don't help/work to pay those bills for the show. You'd think the bow,stand,gun,clothing,calls and scent manufacturers and outfitter ads would be enough. Those items mentioned carry more credence than this new item.

ohio
Yeah, I agree but it flames my ass that they're willing to pimp shit to hunters knowing they don't help/work to pay those bills for the show. You'd think the bow,stand,gun,clothing,calls and scent manufacturers and outfitter ads would be enough. Those items mentioned carry more credence than this new item.

:thumbup:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just don't tell them about the scent smoker.....they'd rather lug a contraption around the woods with them because they get a better pay back.....

Smokes basically free, that'd rock there world when everyone found out and they couldn't pimp there BS products..... Lets face it the Scent Smoker is convenient and makes it easier but all you need is a campfire of a burn pit and you're in..... You can spend money on some BS contraption or stand in front of a fire with the same results.....

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
The amount of money these guys make is unreal. They don't make the $$$ from their show, but from all the products they endorse. I'm sure they are getting a nice paycheck from Ozonics too.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great point about the SS vs the others J. It really is mind boggling once you get a tv cable contract of all the FREE merchandise you get given to you. It's the same with sports figures who make gazillions too. Tiger, LeBron and MJ get more free merch than alot of freeloaders on welfare do. Kinda fugged up, the rich get richer kinda thing.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great point about the SS vs the others J. It really is mind boggling once you get a tv cable contract of all the FREE merchandise you get given to you. It's the same with sports figures who make gazillions too. Tiger, LeBron and MJ get more free merch than alot of freeloaders on welfare do. Kinda fugged up, the rich get richer kinda thing.

Actually, it isn't like the endorsements pro athletes receive. Air time for a show on the Outdoor Channel is over 100k for a season. That is 13 shows. The folks that want to have their own shows have to find sponsors to cover that cost, the cost of their hunts, and hope to have a little left over to live on. There are only a very few ( Lee and Tiff, Jay Gregory, the Drurys, etc) that actually make a decent coin doing the television shows. The vast majority do not make enough to make it worthwhile for a sane person to pursue. A great many of the commercials you see during any given show are owned by Outdoor Channel and do not benefit the producers of the show...this is why you will see muzzy commercials mixed in during a show that is sponsored by Rage...you get the point. Additionally, most of the folks doing shows are very poor at promoting their sponsor's product in a tactful way...and that is why most of them do not do well financially. If they don't do a good job of selling the product, they have to find new sponsors each season and first season sponsor are not willing to invest heavily for what is likely going to be weak promotion at best.

Greg Ritz is winning in the outdoor television industry above all others IMO. Not only does he have his own businesses to promote, he has assembled a stable of stars. He is the agent for Lee and Tiff, Waddel, Jim Shokey...the list goes on. That dude is slick.