Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kickstand buck

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just started bouncing cameras around a few weeks ago to see what I can find. This guy is the only decent one I have found but he is getting his pictures taken a lot on multiple cameras on a farm right by my house .

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Greg is right, his beams and tines have some bulges on them and he has several kickers besides the kickstand. Wonder how old he is? 3.5?4.5?5.5? He looks to have some age to him IMO, maybe 5.5?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
At least 4.5 for sure IMO. He has that dewlap that only comes with age. If you look at Moe when he was 3, you could tell it was there. But when he was 4, it was obvious as hell. This deer's body reminds me of Moe last summer...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Yeah, I figured him older too. 4.5 at least . I hope to get him but its a long shot. He is on a relatively small property others have access to. Last yr I didn't get permission till in Oct. There were already a couple stands hung and although I never saw anyone I saw trucks parked. You need a N or S wind to even hunt this woods otherwise your wind blows right down the middle of the woods. These guys hunted whenever.and walked right thru everything to access their stands. I got pictures of a few nice deer in there last yr but there are nonhunting properties close that deer quickly go to if pressured . I am jjust gonna keep cams on him and see what happens . The other cam that I have hung here is getting pictures of him every single night right at dark.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice buck. I hate when sloppy hunters hunt the same property's I do makes it so much harder to kill a stud like that.

I fully expect him to dissappear before season. But I will keep a couple cameras in there and hope for the best. I got on cam right by the county rd I can check easily . Gonna throw a Bushnell back where I am getting regular pics of him then stay out for awhile. Odds are slim of him even being here come season . If by some miracle he doesn't get pushed out I stand a great chance of killing him. Just need him to stay, and thats doubtful