Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just requested vacation days...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I just submitted 9 vacation days spread out through November to hunt OH, NY and PA. Just curious as to what you guys typically do with scheduling days off for hunting.

Do you just block a week or so straight, spread it out, don't have to work so this doesn't apply?

I scheduled the following days as vacation this year:

OH Bow hunting:
1st week of Nov - 11/3, 11/4 & 11/5
2nd week of Nov - 11/11 & 11/12
Work deliverables/meetings prevent me from hunting 11/8-11/10

NY shotgun with family (Thanksgiving tradition):
4th week of Nov - 11/24 & then 11/25, 11/26 are paid holiday's

OH with shotgun if still after a buck or PA rifle with family:
5th week of Nov - 11/29, 11/30 & 12/1

This gives me 9 days in first 2 weeks of November to bow hunt OH (including weekends). Including weekends/holidays I have 7 days to hunt shotgun in NY and 3 days for rifle in PA. Success in OH will allow me to reschedule days for NY and PA.

Just thought I would share my plan and am interested in seeing what some of you guys do and perhaps any rationale/reasoning behind your approach.

Ryan

Buckmaster

Portage
My vacation block should be: Nov 8-12 and every Friday off for the balance of the year (allowing for 3 day weekends to hunt).

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I usually take a couple 4 day weekends the first few weeks in november. I usually base it totally on temperature, as I feel we see most of our daytime rutting activity on colder days.

But when if things start getting crazy during one week I don't rule out taking all my days off in that week. Most of the time the 2nd week is when I take off... but like I said... depends on the temps!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I just take it when I feel it's right. We don't have to put in for it, I just call and let my boss know whats up. I'll probably plan on taking off the second week of November, but I'll let the weather tell me what to do. I also have flex time in place for the last week of October and the first week so I can hunt 2-3 mornings and evenings without using vacation...

rrr

I think you're a lucky dog. And I hope that you put one down in each state! That would be a sweet trifecta!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I think you're a lucky dog. And I hope that you put one down in each state! That would be a sweet trifecta!

Almost pulled that off last year Steve. Dropped bucks in NY and PA...the only buck I tried to draw back on in OH last year busted me. What I think would have been real cool about it was it would have been 3 bucks, 3 states, 3 weapons...either way, I had an awesome season where I took my first 2 bucks.