Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

what do you all think?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
If it were me, I'd just build one. Then I know it is anchored into the ground securely, and I don't have to worry about it creaking.

Huckleberry Finn

Prolly worth it, you couldn't buy enough lumber for $200 to build anything 10' tall with a platform that big

At $20 extra for shipping, that's not hateful...

I built a hell of a tree house for a guy this spring and we had around $250 in lumber in the project. 9 foot tall and it was 52 square feet of floor...the one porch was 4x4. http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?7710-Tree-House

It's possible...and lighter, quieter. Though it'd take engineering to make it somewhat mobile like that thing, it could be done.

Oh, and Jesse's is the shit too... I think having it big enough to put a blind on top is well worth it, 4x4 seems small for that.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
JD, you think its good or bad?

Also I have a coupon for 5 dollar shipping and I think 20 dollars off?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just a thought: I read "Bulk shipping charges apply". Read between the lines "Freight, not UPS". You are looking at $220 plus estimated $100-150 to ship it freight. Then you need to put something on the top of it. Might be able to throw a blind on top for another $150 or so or build something a little more secure.

Another option would be the Big Dog Quad Pod or Bow Pod. Quadpods are 12' with enclosure and Bowpods are 16' with enclosure and floor mat. Shoot me a PM if you want a price.

I don't care either way if you buy one off us, but thought I would throw it out there. Shipping it or getting it to you would still be the issue though.

ohio
At $20 extra for shipping, that's not hateful...

I built a hell of a tree house for a guy this spring and we had around $250 in lumber in the project. 9 foot tall and it was 52 square feet of floor...the one porch was 4x4. http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?7710-Tree-House

It's possible...and lighter, quieter. Though it'd take engineering to make it somewhat mobile like that thing, it could be done.

Oh, and Jesse's is the shit too... I think having it big enough to put a blind on top is well worth it, 4x4 seems small for that.

One hell of a treehouse! Is it for rent? Lol

ohio
Just a thought: I read "Bulk shipping charges apply". Read between the lines "Freight, not UPS". You are looking at $220 plus estimated $100-150 to ship it freight. Then you need to put something on the top of it. Might be able to throw a blind on top for another $150 or so or build something a little more secure.

Another option would be the Big Dog Quad Pod or Bow Pod. Quadpods are 12' with enclosure and Bowpods are 16' with enclosure and floor mat. Shoot me a PM if you want a price.

I don't care either way if you buy one off us, but thought I would throw it out there. Shipping it or getting it to you would still be the issue though.

Post a pic I'm curious!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
$100 blind, $250 in materials. It won't rust and I know it ain't going anywhere...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Jesse, I cant remember, what size boards did you use for the cross bracing? I'm going to try and build one before season cause I have some left over wood from building an additional deck on my cabin last year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse, I cant remember, what size boards did you use for the cross bracing? I'm going to try and build one before season cause I have some left over wood from building an additional deck on my cabin last year.

Cross braces are just 2x4x12's. It made a world of difference in the stability of the whole platform. I used. 2x6's for the floor frame...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
ok jesee Ill buy the wood, and a few cases of beer on ice.

when are you free? hahah nice stand man!