Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New trail cam

Diablo54

Outside
I'm looking into buying another one. I currently have 2 truth cams (60 and 35) and I have a spy point. I like them all they all have there pros and cons. I have a gift certificate to amazon to drop the price a bit and I wanted to do the affiliate thing to help out. What would you guys pick? I tried trailcampro but it didn't really help my options any. It basically said reconyx.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
diable, what are you looking for in a cam that the others do not provide? what do your other not do well? I am interested as i have the same cam you do i would appreciate your opinion on them.

Diablo54

Outside
Personally. I want a cam that has a long IR range. My spy point doesn't give me that and neither does the 35 truth cam. I'm also wanting a good battery life which spy point gives. I also feel like with all 3 of these cams the night time pictures are blurry or out of focus 50% of the time.

Kaiser878

ohio
SOunds to me like a Moultrie m80 is what you need.

Long bat life..ridiculous IR distance, good trigger and cheap...THe new M80s have the motion stop on them so they dont blur on IR...Works great, I have one of the new ones and one of last years models

Kaiser878

ohio
Heres a pic from my new M80....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Kaiser I agree, I have two of the m80 and I like them Alot. I also have a M55 which is a cheaper cam and I like that also, but that is better just right over a mineral lick of something like that.

Gordo

Athens County
I'm a big fan of the scout guard sg550's. Small, great battery life, and super reliable. I'm about to pull the trigger on 5 more of them. The best price I've been offered so far is $130.00. I've had two primes truth cams and a moultrie and neither of them stack up to the sg550.