Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DP Traps and Workshop

bigdave

Redcloud you asked if the DP's we made were for us or personal use. I figured I would make this post to go along with the other one on DP's. We made them for our personal use. I have traded a few away and gave away a few more. (half Ton on here has 1) I volunteer at the OSTA sponsored Advanced Trappers Workshops at Mercer Wildlife area. Each year the kids I take out with me get a trap the last day after we are done. Something special to remember the class each time they catch something in it.

Here are pics from the 2011 class

Cody's First coon ever

Cody and his 2nd coon

Cody & Chip (his dad) 3rd coon was taken with the new Duke 5X5's and the boxes you see

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Now that looks like some fun that even the big kids could enjoy. Cool idea of giving the kids a trap to use and remember the things they have been taught.

When I first started hunting trapping was something I wanted to learn but with few people here doing it and nobody willing to teach a guy I never did it. The last couple years have been my self taught attempts and have been pretty fun to learn as I go. Wish we would have had more people like yourself back then to tech the kids. Keep up the good work and keep getting those kids out there and enjoying the outdoors.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Now that looks like some fun that even the big kids could enjoy. Cool idea of giving the kids a trap to use and remember the things they have been taught.

When I first started hunting trapping was something I wanted to learn but with few people here doing it and nobody willing to teach a guy I never did it. The last couple years have been my self taught attempts and have been pretty fun to learn as I go. Wish we would have had more people like yourself back then to tech the kids. Keep up the good work and keep getting those kids out there and enjoying the outdoors.

X2 Adam, was self taught as a kid and haven't run a line since my teens but when I retire I'd really like too give it a go since I'll have plenty of time too do it lol....