Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This happen to anyone else?

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Ok I try to let my cameras sit for atleast 3 weeks before I check them. Since I only have 1 camera in the area I got the pics of the Split Brow Buck and I tried a different set up for the first time and I dont know how those pics are going to turn out I am headed to my lease tomorrow to check cameras and move a couple into that area. I am going crazy wanting to go since I decided on Tuesday to go.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I do two weeks, and it freaking blows specially when you have a nice buck on camera!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I tend to go crazy when I dont have a shooter lined up.... when I know I have a good deer on camera it doesnt bother me to stay out bc I know hes there. I figure the less human pressure the better. Im def chomping at the bit to get back to KY and check those cams since season is only a month away

Schu72

Streetsboro
I haven't even pulled a card yet this year. I may head south Sunday morning after the shoot. My spots don't tend to get much buck activity until October anyway.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been far more antsy this summer than in the past due to not having a couple shooters lined out. It's been a tough thing for me to deal with this year, but I'm still letting cams got two weeks. With 12 cameras out on 3 properties, I am working them in rotation because it takes TOO damn long to check them all on the same day!

By mid-August I'll move most of my cams to easily accessible areas until late October so I can keep it low impact when checking them...

Kaiser878

ohio
I have 6 cams out rt now and havent checked any of them in over 2 weeks....I try to keep myself busy so I dont think about it....THe main reason why I wanna check them is to make sure they are still there and didnt get swipped by a no good for nothing dirt bag thief.... THis time of year I dont relaly worry to much about what Im getting pics of....Just from past knowledge I know I dont start getting good deer until mid october.....So it doesnt really bother me to let them go for a few weeks at a time. I will be checking them all tomorrow though....Alone with hanging the last of my stands!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
It is addicting. I have my camera checks spaced out at different places so I can get my regular fix, haha. I usually wait at least two weeks before checking them and most of them are located at easy access sites in order to disturb the area as little as possible. Normally I have a few good ones, but this year is different. Heat and/or drought I don't know. I'm not worried cuz they'll show up sonner or later.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Like many of the others, I stagger the camera checks on 4 different properties. Keeps me from jonesin' and helps me stay out of the areas. I did swap a card on my property today only because I was in there spraying so I could get the food plot put in. It has only been 9 days but if you are in there anyway, you might as well swap the card.

ohio
You guys have them set on still or videos? And how frequent? Mine are two min apart on videos, if I wait two weeks ill have 200 videos to go through, I check mine at least once a week, and usually its between 30 to 90 videos, last season during one of our 3 day down pours I got the buck I was after, 93 videos of him standing in the same 10' clearing while it was pouring down