Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guess it was my turn today.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A storm blew through about 3:00 this afternoon. Probably the strongest winds I ever experienced.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Oh, shit! Sorry Sam...what a mess! It really blew threw Akron today, but the wife said we didn't get much at the house.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm going to let the insurance pay to cut up the tree. Don't want to damage more slate getting it off. My slate guy was out already and the roof looks worse then it is. Fortunately hardwood 2x8s are under that slate and the tree came down right where a purlin runs under them. Only one 2x8 rafter broke, the rest is furing strips, siding and trim. And I have lots of spare slate.

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Of course its bad to have property damage and I'm glad it wasn't the house or anyone hurt but its also sad to loose a old tree.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Yep, J was texting me right away offering to help. I really appreciate it! Lots of the limbs I'll drag away tomorrow, not a whole lot need cut up.

House only had some damaged screens. We never lost power or phone. It just looks like a mess.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's how the last storm made most of our area look! Glad it's not any worse than it was Sam. It was pretty crazy here, but it spared the major damage this time thankfully!!!

Ohiosam,
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the wind storm. :smiley_depressive:

A simular storm blew through here about 3 weeks ago and we lost power for 4 days. No property damage, but I lost all of the venison and fish that I had in the freezer. :smiley_blackeye:

Bowhunter57

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Just talked to the tree guy. He says I need to find a crane to lift the tree. If he tries cutting he thinks it'll break a bunch more slate. Adjuster is coming tomorrow, I'll see if he has a tree service with a crane.

Huckleberry Finn

Wow...getting a crane to pull that tree off sounds like the right thing, but that'd be a dangerous operation.

Good thing it missed the nose of that GMC - I'd back it out before the crane comes ;)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry to hear that Sam. Those locusts are shit trees in storms. A guy here has a bunch of them in his yard and almost every one is snapped in half from the last storm.