Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally got my KY cams out

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well this past weekend I finally got down to KY to get my cameras out in hopes that some of my bucks made it through last season. I have several deer that are 160"+ on these farms but heard that one may have been killed by the neighbor last year. Theres ALOT of poaching down there so who knows what actually made it. Heres a few pics of my setups and in two weeks I will go check the cams and add some more. Ill prob hang some stand according to what the trail cams are telling me too since season opens Sept. 1st.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like a great place Zach. You caught some dandies on cam last year, especially like the two with the drops or fliers on them but wouldn't have passed either of them. Goodluck in catching some more dandies on film.

How far of a trip is this for you in miles and time? Do you stay for the night or do a u-turn just make it a day? Also wondering what footwear you have on? I wear rubber boots and no gloves and I see you have gloves but can't tell what you have on your feet. Lol. It appears it works for ya!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
FS- Thanks! Im hoping next weeks cam check is a good one. Most of the time I spend the night in a hotel, my trip takes 2 hours from Columbus. My land is literally just across the river from Portsmouth. I have taken days off from work and made a round trip since its only 2 hrs. As far as footwear down there I wear lace up columbia hiking boots that are gortex and comfortable since its rough terrain. I eaither wear a pair of predator camo jersey gloves or the ones in the pic are the under armour cold gear gloves.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome! Gotta love the extra buck tag! Those two bucks shown together look close enough to be brothers. Everyone of them bucks should be monsters this year considering they were shooters last year.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Clyde- No it was just a friend of the family who ive gotten to know really well and it turned out to be a really good property that I just good lucky enough to be able to hunt.