Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey ArcherTL (TOM)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
WTH are those C-17 guys doing????? Good op's ck on the brake and thrust reverser :smiley_clap:

[video=youtube;IaqVan6vnIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaqVan6vnIs[/video]

Can't get away with anything anymore rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, just wondering what that's going too cost us lol.... Runway only set up for aircraft 20K and less.... :smiley_clap:

I think they grounded them :smiley_clap: Would you agree???? rotflmao

Yep.

rotflmao Do you have any with the one that landed gear up????
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/C17BellyUpLanding_BagramAFB_199804-1.html
Yep the one at Bagram. The pilots didn't even know they belly landed the jet until after they got out of the airplane. They thought all 14 tires blew on landing so they countinued to taxi with the gear up. Hence the drag marks. In reality they just forgot to deploy the landing gear.The flightdeck audio isnt on youtube but I've heard it in a LRM class and its priceless.
It went something like this...
Copilot: what just happened?
Pilot: I think all the tires blew. I'll increase power for taxi.
Load: Something is wrong.
Copilot: You don't know what your taking about.
jet countines to taxi
Load: Hey something is not right.
Pilot: Everything is fine. This is normal procedure.
Cargo compartment beings to fill with smoke from the jet being scooted along the runway.
Load: Knock it off. Smoke in cargo compartment.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I remember that happening and I may have been at the Deid when it did lol... But we had a 130 blow 2 tires on landing at Bahgram back in 04 and shut the runway down for about 12 hours and they were screaming too get it off of the runway and at one point some General back at the Pentagon suggested taking a bulldozer and pushing it off of the runway :smiley_clap: yeah that never happened lol.... They finally helo'd in all the maint guys and equipment and got it moved.... Some people have no sense of humor :smiley_clap: