Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

getting nervous!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I think it is only 66 days till deer season, and I still got a lot of stands to hang, and a few fall plots to plant! Anyone else still feel overwhelmed?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Im always excited but then again its just deer.... heck I just hung my cams in KY and that opens Sept 1st. My plan is to be aggressive with a lone wolf on my back and go in for the kill this year rather than play it safe.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The only thing that has me nervous are these crops. The farmers around here think they will be in the field by beginning to mid September. That's a game changer that doesn't leave a lot of time to get back on them before season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excited? yes. Nervous? No. Deer were harvested for years before tree stands were invented. They will eat whether you put a food plot in or not. I still have some plots to get in as well. No big deal. They won't be planted for another month.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Take a deep breath, the minute it becomes a "stress" or "more like work", then you are taking the fun and enjoyment out of it. The anxioius feeling is normal, I think we all have that leading up to the opener.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm a little nervous myself, but I'll be better here in a couple of weeks. I have a work weekend scheduled at our farm for the 18th and 19th of August to finish all my stands and to put in both of my food plots. If I can get decent weather and two full days of work from myself and some help, I'll be in great shape...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm excited and ahead of schedule as far as stands go. No food plots just beans,corn and acerns for me this year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If I can solve the issue of finding a box tiller for the Kubota, I'll have two awesome food plots, maybe three. If not, it'll just be one...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If I can solve the issue of finding a box tiller for the Kubota, I'll have two awesome food plots, maybe three. If not, it'll just be one...

cant you rent one for a weekend? Im not sure, but I thought I priced them out a few years ago, and they would not be all the expensive to rent for a weekend.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I'm not overwhelmed, but I have a list a mile long. The preparation begins the best time of year for me. Got started on it last night. We mowed part of a new area last night we will plant a fall mix in in a month or so. Need to go back next week and spray it with roundup. It's within a half hour of home so working on it is easy. I have to buy some hang-ons or ladders because my stupid back is still giving me issues and shouldn't use a climber for now. Lanes are already cut from prior years so I only need to trim some new growth. Hopefull all of our sweat equity will pay off!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
cant you rent one for a weekend? Im not sure, but I thought I priced them out a few years ago, and they would not be all the expensive to rent for a weekend.

The problem is not finding one to rent, it is finding one to rent that is compatible with a 55hp Kubota. The one at the local rental store won't hook up to it, so I need to find another one somewhere...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Geeez just go down to the equipment rental store...

"Uhhhhhh... A tiller? Hold on... Let me ask this guy..." lmao

---

Jesse do you have a disk for that Kubota? I'm sure it's got enough ass to just press a disk hard into the ground with the three-point... You may not even need a tiller.

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Geeez just go down to the equipment rental store...

"Uhhhhhh... A tiller? Hold on... Let me ask this guy..." lmao

---

Jesse do you have a disk for that Kubota? I'm sure it's got enough ass to just press a disk hard into the ground with the three-point... You may not even need a tiller.

I wasnt trying to be a smart ass I just know sometimes guys dont think of going to certain rental places to get these types of items, I was just trying to help the guy out man.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wasnt trying to be a smart ass I just know sometimes guys dont think of going to certain rental places to get these types of items, I was just trying to help the guy out man.

Lol... sorry brother that wasn't meant for you... It was a bit of an inside joke. Earlier this spring Jesse called the equipment rental place and the guy that answered was completely clueless it seemed.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Lol... sorry brother that wasn't meant for you... It was a bit of an inside joke. Earlier this spring Jesse called the equipment rental place and the guy that answered was completely clueless it seemed.

OOOOOOOOOO hahaha I was like geeze JB kinda a dick move man haha! Its all good half the yahoos who work in customer service, retail or any other business makes you wonder how they got a job. You ever been to the outdoor section of a dicks sporting goods? Some of the guys there couldnt tell you the difference between a fixed blade broadhead, and a doe decoy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
OOOOOOOOOO hahaha I was like geeze JB kinda a dick move man haha! Its all good half the yahoos who work in customer service, retail or any other business makes you wonder how they got a job. You ever been to the outdoor section of a dicks sporting goods? Some of the guys there couldnt tell you the difference between a fixed blade broadhead, and a doe decoy.

lmao lmao lmao