Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's about contest time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schu72

Streetsboro
It's about that time!:pickle: Sign-ups started the last week of July last year. So I thought I'd poke and prod a little.

Any changes for this year? Are last year's champs going to try and defend?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm fine with the champs defending if that is what they want to do. As far as the rules go, I felt it was a well structured contest and support using the same rules. The only thing I want to change is where I finish!!! :smiley_clap:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Yep....like the contest and the scoring. Only thing I think we discussed was maybe only scoring one antlerless this year. Either way it will be fun as usual.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm fine with only scoring one antlerless this year because I won't be shooting any from my two primary properties, so there is no promise I even kill one this year. I do have a couple places in mind where the doe population could stand a reduction or two, so I hope to keep the freezer full. But the farm and my rents is off limits for a couple of seasons...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am for keeping it as much the same as possible but lets hear any suggestions.

An adjustment to 1 doe is easy. Anyone have any suggestions or things they didn't like last year?

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like the one antlerless idea. I think everything else should remain the same.

I'm like Jesse. I don't want to shoot doe on the small property I hunt and I rarely venture off of it so whoever I'm partnered up with kind of gets screwed on that end, I guess.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think we should create a few teams of kids too. Just off the top of my head you have my two boys, Gern's boy, Schu's boy, etc... Sorry whoever I left out.

Maybe we could set them up on a team together so the adults have their own teams and the kids can compete as well. Plus, they'd prob like going against us dads.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't care what the rules are this year, just as long as that d-bag Kaiser gets a 30 point handicap... That is, unless he's on my team. :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I think we should create a few teams of kids too. Just off the top of my head you have my two boys, Gern's boy, Schu's boy, etc... Sorry whoever I left out.

Maybe we could set them up on a team together so the adults have their own teams and the kids can compete as well. Plus, they'd prob like going against us dads.

Why start new teams for youngins, I think they'd be thrilled to be teamed up with the adults.... Well I mean people over 18 that is... We had Hoyt's boy on one of our teams a few years back and I think it worked well....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why start new teams for youngins, I think they'd be thrilled to be teamed up with the adults.... Well I mean people over 18 that is... We had Hoyt's boy on one of our teams a few years back and I think it worked well....

Well. We don't want to handicap teams.

huntn2

Hudson, OH

Awesome idea Mike! I like giving the kids a team to talk with one another and compete against their Dad's and Dad's friends. Who all would put their kids in? Cottis, Brock, Gern, Scott? Who else?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well. We don't want to handicap teams.

Put them on as a addition, It's all in fun and they'll have a blast doing it as well.... I would think there would be almost en ought too cover all the existing teams.... And from what I accomplished last year I should be the one worried :smiley_clap:

Kaiser878

ohio
I don't care what the rules are this year, just as long as that d-bag Kaiser gets a 30 point handicap... That is, unless he's on my team. :)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Now come on Jimmy.......Thats not hardly fair.... Im due for a goose egg........The good fortune has to run out at some point.....This year could very well be the year..... I am going into this year with very low expectations.... Just gotta wait it out and see

I think I can speak on behalf of the BIG RACK SNATCHERS and say we will be staying a team once again this year!!!!!! I really dont think any of them will have any objections as long as its allowed by the powers that be......So are you cool with that Ryan???

huntn2

Hudson, OH
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Now come on Jimmy.......Thats not hardly fair.... Im due for a goose egg........The good fortune has to run out at some point.....This year could very well be the year..... I am going into this year with very low expectations.... Just gotta wait it out and see

I think I can speak on behalf of the BIG RACK SNATCHERS and say we will be staying a team once again this year!!!!!! I really dont think any of them will have any objections as long as its allowed by the powers that be......So are you cool with that Ryan???[/QUOTE]

Good by me....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I think I can speak on behalf of the BIG RACK SNATCHERS and say we will be staying a team once again this year!!!!!! I really dont think any of them will have any objections as long as its allowed by the powers that be......So are you cool with that Ryan???

Lol! I have no prob with that, either. There's no way to defend a title if the team gets broken up...

Status
Not open for further replies.