Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2011 public land buck

Coreydirtwurx

Got this deer the 5th day of the season last year. We never had one trail camera pic of him or never seen him in person kindof just showed up. I haven't had him officially scored yet but my buddy scores him at 139. Main frame 10 with 2 kickers on his right

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's a public land booner in my book. Heck of a deer. I'd say your buddy is about right. low 140s

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on a great looking deer, on public land TOO. Welcome to the site.

That deer has to net at least 140" I would think. Nice symmetry and length.

Coreydirtwurx

The story lol. I'll make the long version short since I'm on my phone. It was sept 29th I work till 4 pm by time I get off get home then To the woods it's 5. But every min counts right. Well the first 4 days I haven't seen much so I deside to hunt a stand I hung a few weeks before in a thicket. You really can't see much behind you just in front. Well on the way to my stand which is about 1/2 mile walk I jump a good buck that runs straight passed where my stand is. So I keep walking to my stand thinking the hunt is gonna be a bust. It's now 505. On the dot when I'm situated in the stand. To say I have a deer killing itch would say the least. I'm shooting anything but a little buck. So move to 5:25 a doe pops her head out 20 yards from me. I slowly go for my bow when she isn't looking so now I'm ready to take the deer when the doe that I didn't see spots me and bust ass outta there then the doe I had intentions on taking follows they r making a hell of a racked. So now I'm basically thinking I'm screwed. So by 530 I have ran a buck out and got busted by 2 doe what else could happen. Well at 6 pm I hear something behind me. I'm searching hard. It's so thick u cant see anything then I spot tw deer legs. So I'm up bow in hand release on the loop then nothing no noise movement. I mean nothing. All of a sudden he appears directly under my stand I take a quick look he's past his ears and had 10 points that's all I knew he looked straight at me 2 times when I get the chance I drew he stops. No shot there is a log in my way 3 more steps later the muzzy took out both lungs. Biggest buck I ever taken to date. Sucker ran 500 yards 2 of my buddys help me track the deer and 2 of my buddys did the victory dance with me celebrating like 5 year olds at Christmas. Times I'll never forget. Sorry for the miss spelling and so on. I'm on my phone lol