Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"stickers" is back

Coreydirtwurx

We have a little history with this buck from last year. Has pics last year all the way till late August then he disappeared. The pics are from June 30th. Got his nick name cuz last year he had 6 or so 4-5 inch kickers. This year he has all kinds of funky stuff on his left side. Gonna check the cams in a few weeks hope to get some more of him. Think he will make 170"?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO Corey! That's a heck of a buck right there! He's off to a great start, but I think he's got a little ways to go to get to the 170 mark. His left side looks quite a bit weaker than the right, and that's going to kill his score.

Kaiser878

ohio
Id venture to say he is going to be a lot closer to 170 than u guys are thinking... I realize velvet is deceiving...... but that deer has ridiculous mass, id say 6+ inch bases...Unless im looknig at it wrong. He has decent beams and good spread. THose tines are gonna grow a bit as rutin said!

Id like to see better photos but he will be over 160 when its all said and done.....Gross that is, not net.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Id venture to say he is going to be a lot closer to 170 than u guys are thinking... I realize velvet is deceiving...... but that deer has ridiculous mass, id say 6+ inch bases...Unless im looknig at it wrong. He has decent beams and good spread. THose tines are gonna grow a bit as rutin said!

Id like to see better photos but he will be over 160 when its all said and done.....Gross that is, not net.

I'm thinking he's about high 150s now. He may put on 15 more inches or so but he'll lose that after velvet. I'm gonna say he'll be in low 160s when he's done. still a hell of a deer. But he's gonna get schustered on the net. Lol

And welcome to the forum. Stick around and keep us updated on your pursuit. We all love good deer stories.

Coreydirtwurx

I'll def keep u guys update. Hopefully I have some more pics of him. Last year he had a big 11 that was always in the pictures with him but that deer is yet to show his face.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Score... schmore... shoot it!

Ditto.
Score? what is this, a football game?:smiley_crocodile:

Just kiddin. I dont know anything about "scoring" deer. If its a good lookin buck, shoot it. And that is DEFINATELY, a good lookin buck.

welcome to the site.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to the site! Thats a stud of a deer and looks to have some age to him. 6.5 maybe?!? IMO. Double his right side he'll be mid to high 160's, double his left side he'll go high 140's to low 150's. He's still growing though so IMO he'll end up somewhere in between as far as net goes. Definite shooter for me and thanks for sharing. Goodluck

Last edited:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I come up with 162 gross now and he'll net around 150... He's pretty much finished out though in my opinion. Half the bucks I have on cams the bulbs at the end of the tines lightened up.

Coreydirtwurx

Finally got another pic of the big boy. He's been camera shy since June 30th but came by for a pic aug 12th. Not the greatest picture but u can see that he added a few inches to his right g2 &g3 not sure about the rest. I'm just happy to see him back.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's a good looking deer man. But I'm not so sure that's stickers. Not unless he's peeled his velvety already. Even then he looks a little thin to be him.

Coreydirtwurx

I think it's him. U can kindof see the split brow on his left and he's alittle short on all of the left. My buddy and I finally have an idea where he is hanging out so we r gonna sneak in and set up some cameras when we get some time. But I see what u mean by not looking as heavy as the other pics.