Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slight set back

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As you guys know, Kody has been preparing for the upcoming bow season and trying to get to that 40 lb mark and being able to shoot consistently. Well, he is now on a 4 week hiatus.

His neighbor friend invited him and few other boys to go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for his birthday today. They immediately went to the gift shop an bought a football then played on some mock field they have there. Kody went after a fumble and the neighbor boy jumped on him and hurt him pretty bad.

I get a call from the mom that Kody was hurt and was taking him to the ER across the road. A few hours later we find out he has a fractured collar bone and is in a sling for 4 weeks. Bummer!

You can see the crack in the top middle of the pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342817945.376505.jpg

Here's the walking wounded with a get well balloon his buddies bought him at the hospital gift shop. Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342817997.222257.jpg

Hopefully we can get him healed up in time to keep practicing and he can participate in his fall baseball season.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Easiest bone in the body to break. Only takes 8-9lbs of pressure to break it. How you like that useless knowledge? lol

Hope Kody is on the mend and back playing ball and slinging arrows soon! Get healed up Kody!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Easiest bone in the body to break. Only takes 8-9lbs of pressure to break it. How you like that useless knowledge? lol

Hope Kody is on the mend and back playing ball and slinging arrows soon! Get healed up Kody!

You beat me to it, Phil! lol

That sucks to hear, Cotty. I bet Kody's pretty bummed out by all of this. At least it was only his collar bone, though... could have been worse... femur, humerus, neck...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That does suck and is painful too. I broke that same bone when I was in Jr high. I broke mine skiing. It still gives me some pain here and there when the weather is certain ways.

Hope he heals up alright and in time for season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You beat me to it, Phil! lol

That sucks to hear, Cotty. I bet Kody's pretty bummed out by all of this. At least it was only his collar bone, though... could have been worse... femur, humerus, neck...

hahahah! Glad I am not the only one with useless knowledge floating around in my head. lmao

Talk to most motorcycle racers, nearly all have broken collar bones, missing their spleen, etc. Seems like a common break. It still sucks though! Hope he heals up quickly!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this Mike. Read it on the TOO shoot thread. Glad it wasn't an arm or leg. Hope he's ok and gets healed up soon. Glad for you guys it didn't happen a month or two later, that would have sucked real bad.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mike kids usually heal up a lot quicker then we do so it'll probably be hard too hold him back from doing stuff just keep an eye on his progress and try too keep him from going over board on doing too much too soon.... he'll be back too normal in no time....