Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Aurora Colorado Shooting

I'm visiting my twin granddaughters, this week, in Parker, Colorado and I wake up to the news of this shooting that's about 20 minutes down the road from here. Ages 6 to 31 are the casualties with over 50 injuries.

It was the midnight premier of the new Batman movie. A 24 yr. old man in a gas mask, kevlar vest, 2 handguns and a rifle, walked into the front of the audience and threw 2 gas canisters. He raised his rifle, fired it and pulled his pistols and started shooting people.

After the shooter was done, the man hid behind the dumpster that's behind the movie theater...until the police discovered him there. He gave up and was taken into custody.

Tragic and Nuts at the same time. :smiley_armscrossed: I can't wait to get out of this state, as my flight isn't for another 5 hours.

My sincere prayers go out to all of the families involved.
Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry you had too be out there during this time.... Hope the rest of your trip home is uneventful.....

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
OH look, those nasty guns have killed some more people and WE ALL are to blame! Very very sad it happened and I hate it also. Because innocent folks died and the ANTI GUN NUTS got a lot more fodder!!!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home. Very sad to hear of such events.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
but since becoming a father last year it really tears me up now thinking about all those kids. just wonder Why?

Would you take your kids to a MIDNIGHT showing of a movie that is aimed at an adult audience?

You would think that after the last batman movie, which was a little disturbing, parents would want to see it before they let their young kids watch it.

COB-TY said:
OH look, those nasty guns have killed some more people and WE ALL are to blame! Very very sad it happened and I hate it also. Because innocent folks died and the ANTI GUN NUTS got a lot more fodder!!!!!
COB-TY,
You said nothing wrong there! I was watching it in the hotel lobby and most of the people were making comments like, "That's so sad." or "What a shame." However, there was one lady that said, "That's the reason they need to get rid of the guns."

Well, I wasn't about to let that slide. :smiley_asswhip: I said, "No! If everyone in the audience would've been armed, they could've taken the guy out, before he did any more damage. I guarantee you, if something like this happened in Texas, he'd be laying in the morgue full of holes. I'll go one step farther...you don't hear of crap like this happening in Texas." I had to stop, before I got pissed, but there were others standing there that were in clear agreement, but wouldn't voice it. :smiley_baby:

Just the same, it's good to be back in the Buckeye State. :smiley_boogie:
Bowhunter57

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I agree completely Dante..

Me too! And people should be able to see any movie at anytime without having to worry about this shit...the other thing that pisses me off about this...the media thinks that naming the gun manufacturer is an important part of the story...Prayers sent for the victims and their families

Last edited: