Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

14 People killed at movie premier

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Many theaters are no carry zones. But I am sure this was over in seconds....in a dark theater. Not much of a chance to even react. The element of suprise was on his side for sure.

I want more details. I will share them when I get them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thoughts and prayers too all the folks who went through this and too the families of those who were killed...

Now for my rant..... what possesses people too go out like that.... I have never ever got too a point in my life that would of brought me too act out like that....... Boggles the mind..... Oh well gives the Libs something else too come after the gun owners for.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
that's what I don't understand, where are all the people with concealed carry permits? it seems like I know so many people that have them now why isn't someone shooting back?

Greg

Here is another thought: It was Batman. What is your audience? Kids. Adults that fit into a stereotypical mold that I would not see as your typical carry type people. Not trying to offend anyone that is a Batman fan, but I would guess the majority of adult Batman fans are probably not typical conceal carry people. Add in the already mentioned facts of: liberal city, many theatres do not allow, and the element of surprise was definitely on the shooters side.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The asshole was wearing full body armor anyway, according to the report. CCW's in the crowd may have slowed him down, but not by much.

There are a hell of a lot of crazy people out there anymore. It's truly sad, and frightening. I agree with what customizer said... there's just no real consequences anymore. Rotten kids need to have their asses beat, and adults that shoot up a theatre full of innocent civilians should be executed immediately by a firing squad. You know, this type of shit didn't happen in the good ol days because people knew if they did something like this they'd be hung the next day at the town square. Nowadays, they just send 'em to prison where they live off the system for 20 or 30 years....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This ain't no kids Batman movie. It's for my demographic. If it wasn't a liberal city, I'd bet there were weapons where permissible. Unfortunately for me, our theater is a victim zone...

ohio
The asshole was wearing full body armor anyway, according to the report. CCW's in the crowd may have slowed him down, but not by much.

There are a hell of a lot of crazy people out there anymore. It's truly sad, and frightening. I agree with what customizer said... there's just no real consequences anymore. Rotten kids need to have their asses beat, and adults that shoot up a theatre full of innocent civilians should be executed immediately by a firing squad. You know, this type of shit didn't happen in the good ol days because people knew if they did something like this they'd be hung the next day at the town square. Nowadays, they just send 'em to prison where they live off the system for 20 or 30 years....

Aim for the head!

ohio

And I agree, kill those jackasses, don't feed them, give them degrees and cable! Firing squad!! Or hang em!

Huckleberry Finn

This ain't no kids Batman movie. It's for my demographic. If it wasn't a liberal city, I'd bet there were weapons where permissible. Unfortunately for me, our theater is a victim zone...

Exactly. That's not a kid's movie. Why was there a baby there and a 5 year old? At a midnight showing?!?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

I totally agree with you Jim. The bad thing is I remember hearing a week or so ago that it cost the state 95k a year for an Ohio state inmate. How well could you of I live on 95k a year? This burns me to no end. The average hard working ohioan makes 1/2 as much than the cost of what an inmate that steals and murders cost!:mad::banghead:

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I totally agree with you Jim. The bad thing is I remember hearing a week or so ago that it cost the state 95k a year for an Ohio state inmate. How well could you of I live on 95k a year? This burns me to no end. The average hard working ohioan makes 1/2 as much than the cost of what an inmate that steals and murders cost!:mad::banghead:

That right there makes me want to vomit.... :smiley_depressive: