Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

summer bow hunt #2

Kaiser878

ohio
I watched the weather last night and noticed we were gonna get a good soaker then it was to clear off. I figured this would be perfect for an evening hunt. I had been scouting an old nanny for the last week, but I couldnt get the right wind. But the storm tonight gave me new hope with a mediocre wind. Once again I decided to chance it.

Luckily I had a mobile blind set up in this clover patch......it is the perfect set up and the animals had accepted it immediately...Here is my set up.....

About 10 min after it stopped raining I noticed movement in front of me.. She worked her way into the clover and was only about 15 yards...Unfortunately I didnt clear my shooting lanes and the windshield was in my way....So I had to let her work around me. IT only took her about 5 minutes to give me a shot. Unfortunately she was quartering to me pretty hard......

Just then she got a little spooky....I knew it was now or never...Even though she was quartering toward me pretty hard I felt confident in my set up...

I drew back and settled my 20 yard pin on her cheek........THWACKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw my arrow skip across the grass and there she laid....motionless......Everyone speaks of a rage through the cage....I prefer a rage through the Dome!!!!!

P.S. Is it bow season yet?????????? Gosh its taking forever

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Baawwwaaaahahahhahahaha!!! Fuggin hilarious story dude. Especially the part about the "mobile blind" that the animals had "accepted" quickly. lmao

Nice shot TOO, btw. :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hadn't cleared my shooting lanes and my windshield was in the way? lmao Well played Sir!