Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Only an idiot...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Would look at this radar and think: "That's perfect for checking cams!" lmao

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342649257.346542.jpg

It cooled down 20 degrees in less than half an hour here. I was about to unload the quad when my dad texted and said we were supposed to get 50 mph winds and dime sized hail, so I ran down to the car wash and parked in an empty bay. The second the red clears us, I'm checking cams damnit!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Got a pretty good shower on the way into work this afternoon. Some guys back around home are saying 1.7 or so by our place.

Be safe out there, looks like some pretty nasty storm systems!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was laughing today because we went from the desserts of African 10 days ago, to the flooded plains of Africa in no time flat! It's rained here off and on pretty solid for a week now. The bean field I've been watching near one of my hunting grounds went from wilted, to green and full in 3-4 days. My yard went from brown, to green and need of a mowing in a couple days it seems. It's been a blessing to say the least. When I moved cams last week, our creek was bone dry and that is a rarity. It rained that night and a good half dozen times since, so the cam I hung on the pond and the one on the last water hole may not be as active as I hoped!!!

Looks like the worst has passed. Time to get wet and dodge lightening!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Still getting the stiff one on good bucks, but the IR-7s have proven to be a great addition to the arsenal! I'll get the better videos up tomorrow, but here is a little teaser. Make sure to turn up the volume. You may even want to show the wife and kids...

[video=youtube;njwwgZLqeuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwwgZLqeuk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is awesome Jesse bucks or not. Gotta love the fawns nursing. The sound was nature at some of its best! Thanks for sharing.

FWIW, you weren't the only one. I swapped cards between clouds as well. Getting too close to the season to blow any deer out right now. This is the first rain we have had in weeks. I was not going to wait for the next rain to swap cards. Might not be until the season starts. hahahaha