Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Craft Beers and Beers from around the world.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Found a local bar this past weekend. I knew it was there but had no clue about its speciality. They carry over 200 different beers from all around the world. I figured we could have a thread to post up pics of all the different beers we have drank.

So I started off with a Samuel Smith Tardy Porter.
uploadfromtaptalk1342583437016.jpg
Then went to a specialty beer which was a brew raspberries.
Then after that I tasted the lions head which was a lighter beer.
uploadfromtaptalk1342583558066.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342583511625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342583511625.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 91

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I can take some pics of stuff at work that i guarantee most of you guys havnt heard of. I never realized how many different beers there were until I started working around it every day.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Ended up at Parrot Head for dinner tonight. Had a your burger and a couple dark brews to go with it

uploadfromtaptalk1344048892928.jpg
Flying dog imperial porter. 9.2% alcohol. Very good, dark beer.

Then I was told to try this.
uploadfromtaptalk1344049052309.jpg
Hopping Frog Oatmeal Stout. This is a brew from Akron. And comes in a 22oz. bottle and is $14 a bottle. It is also a 9.2% beer. After that one I thought it would be a good idea to head home. :D

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Dang man wish I'd seen your post last night.

Started out with a Great Lakes Oktoberfest from tap. Then went dark.

Breckenridge vanilla porter. Very creamy porter with a slightly dry finish, absolutely full of flavor.
View attachment 9532

Then I got sample Madbury brown ale. This is from a brewery in Miami Florida that has a cigar shop next door that hand rolls cigars. The beer is meant to go with a specific cigar and this bar has them. You can taste a hint of cigar in the beer, very good. I will get a full bottle next time I am there.View attachment 9533

Next was Founders breakfast stout. I thought this was a exceptional brew. Strong coffee flavors with a hint of chocolate. Parrot head is going to have a breakfast special on Nov 17th for the OSU vs Wis. Game and this is going to be the brew of choice for that event.
uploadfromtaptalk1347840690029.jpg

Then to finish the night off had a Old leg humper imperial stout with him one pf their pretzels.
uploadfromtaptalk1347840777749.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Why would I drive that far when I have this place five minutes from my house and I haven't even tried a quarter of their selection yet.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Drank a beer called Singhai when we deployed to Thailand while I was in the Army, tasted like crap and it will give ya a hangover you will never forget!!!! Drunk alot of good beers when I was in Germany, TOO many TOO list but it was a good three years!!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got to go out this past weekend and enjoy a few good beers during the OSU vs Wisconsin game.

Started off with a Fullers London Pride Ale. A good beer to eat a chilli dog and jalapeno poppers.

uploadfromtaptalk1353578253357.jpg

Next was a Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale. Very flavorful and would highly recommend this brew.

uploadfromtaptalk1353578330274.jpg

The next beer I need to tell little history. It is from ROGUE brewery which is in Portland Oregon. There is also a doughnut shop there called Voodoo Doughnuts, that have a niche in creating unique doughnuts. Well the brewers at Rogue like this one particular doughnut so much they decided to brew a beer after it. So you have ROGUE voodoo doughnut bacon maple ale.

uploadfromtaptalk1353578573984.jpg

This was probably the most unique beer I have ever had. You could taste bacon and the maple distinctly and a hint of sweetness. Not something I would drink alot of but dedintely worth trying if the opportunity presents itself.