Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dream Season Episode -Wow...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm sure this was a repeat episode, but I just watched the most powerful and emotional episode of any hunting show ever made.
One of the participant's 22 year old son died in a car wreck as Dream Season Journey was being filmed (Nov 6). If you've seen the episode you know what I mean. My whole family was watching and there wasn't a dry eye among us.
There was a great piece on the boy and some great footage of him enjoying hunts with his father.

If you haven't seen it, try to catch it. It is a reminder of how we need to embrace our loved ones everyday.

It really hit home as we have friends who have walked in the shoes of Mr. Shults (the Dream Season participant).

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I tried to find the episode on youtube or the Dream Season site, but couldn't find it.

I did, however, find this piece on the Evan Shults. It doesn't tell the whole story, but you'll get the point.

[video=youtube;NOvV3kETo08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvV3kETo08[/video]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got that one on DVR, so I'll prepare to cry. I remember many of the hints Joe filmed with his son. Been a Drury fan for a long time, so it'll be tough to watch I'm sure.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the heads up. Sad to hear this. I know who Joe Shults is but don't remember his son. Joe is a good dude TOO. So sad!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally had time to sit down and watched the video Mike put up that was dedicated to Joes son. Wow, what a great relationship those two had! The love and admiration was very evident. So sad that it can't go on. Really puts life into perspective.