Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunter's Trailcam 2012

hunna771

Went out yesterday and spent a few bucks on a new trailcam, mineral and a trophy rock.I was super stoked to get a cam on the new prop. i'd be hunting this year so i got it out there around 5:30p.m. before i had to go to work. I had drive times this morning and i was really anxious to check the cam, i mean come on, kid on a new lot, lots of deer, brand new Trail cam and minerals... I was super excited. Nothin' in the past 12 hours or so. I went back out around 7:30 to put the card back in and I had a pleasant suprise. 3 bucks (2 monsters), 3 does and 5 fawns. All right there at the mineral site. Sweeeet! Other than the fact there was no card in the cam, lol. :smiley_clap: They walked off, i put the card back in and got outta there! And when i say walked off, they WALKED. I got within 20- 30 yds of 'em. Pretty cool. Checkin' the cam in a week or so... :smiley_coolpeace: :pickle:
WGI_0004.jpg
hahaha

runhunter

shorts and a cut off t shirt? Should I assume chiggers aren't a problem in OH? Good luck, can't wait to see some pics.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
shorts and a cut off t shirt? Should I assume chiggers aren't a problem in OH? Good luck, can't wait to see some pics.

Haven't had any issues since I left the south, hopefully it stays that way :smiley_clap: Them buggers are a PITA......

runhunter

I'll be out in Southern OH this weekend to hang cameras and scout some property I secured. Needless to say, I have a can of permithrin packed. I can't go in the woods here without it. If you're telling me I don't need it, this trip is going to be better than I thought!!! haha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Haven't had chiggers in a long time, but a buddy of mine has a bad case of them right now. They seem to be few and far between down here...

hunna771

I dunno about you guys, but up here we got about an inch of rain last night. The temps are gonna be mid 80's for the next few days so hopefully with this good combination the deer will start movin' a bit more...

hunna771

I couldn't stand it and had to check my cam. And SCORE! Only one deer though, but for me he's a defenite shooter... :smiley_bril::smiley_bril: Theres bigger ones out there though...
WGI_0020.jpg

WGI_0010.jpg

WGI_0025.jpg
Close up lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding Hunna! Great show of self discipline in refraining from checking that camera too! lol