Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How do you read your sd cards?

jeremy44230

Medina County
Not sure if this is the correct spot to show this. If you have an iPad, check out the sd card reader for it. Super cheap, downloads very fast and pics look great on the iPad.

Here is the one I bought:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342481240.218124.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
A buddy and I were just talking about this earlier. An iPad would be great for taking into the woods to view memory cards. I currently do not have one, but if I did I would absolutely use it in this way! Right now, I just swap cards in the field and view them when I get back to the house.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Today was my first time using it, usually used a digital camera. This was pretty sweet, always trying to put that thing to use. I figure this way I don't have to keep buying SD cards, I can download them quick and put that card back to work.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Will that work with an iPhone?

I was looking at a Toshiba tablet today that had an SD card reader on it, purely for checking trail cameras. That and the wife wants one! :p

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I have two cards per camera so I just simply swap them out this time of year to limit scent. During season I carry a Moultrie card camera with my and check cameras on the spot in case I need to be in a tree close by that night.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Im hoping to find an adapter for my galaxy s3. I think they have them on amazon

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I change out my cards and get out of there as quickly as I can, even with the cameras that have built in viewing screens. I want the least amount of scent in there as possible.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have 2 cards per cam and swap them out and bring it home to sit in the AC and check the videos lol. I could switch the cam to pics but love the video feature and just leave it on that 98% of the time.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have two dozen SD cards, and always swap them out and check them at home. Sometimes though, I have a camera in a spot I'm not real sure about and once I get home, I find I need to tweak it a bit or move it altogether. Having the ability to check them in the field easily would save me an extra trip to the woods or the time wasted running a camera in a spot that is leas than ideal.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Depends where I am checking. Most times I just swap cards and check at home. One property I drive the Jeep around to check cards. Generally download to the laptop in the Jeep while I am swapping the next card. At least I know if there is a problem with the camera before I leave the property this way.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I also have 2 cards per camera. I didn't want to sit around looking through pics so I swapped cards and viewed pics while walking to other cameras and also on the way out. I'm gonna check that one out for the iPhone, thanks Milo.