Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bucks looking promising!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
PICT0279.jpgPICT0106.jpgPICT0283.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have hunted my whole life, but have never gotten any pictures of bucks that looked good in velvet. They still got a month of growing left, so I am assuming these deer will look pretty darn good come OCT.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice! Congrats! That middle buck has got great brows. On my phone I can't tell much from the other two pics but they must be nice.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
honestly I could be wrong, but I think the middle buck is MATURE and the other ones are not. I think they are maybeee 3.5 year olds this fall. I think the middle is older buck that I had sheds of two years ago. Not sure tho!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks guys, any idea on age I figured the middle buck to be a older then the other.

1st buck I put at 3.5
2nd buck I think is 4.5

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
AT- Best thing (in my opinion) for you to do right now is take a breath. They are in the area. Chances are their patterns will change between now and the season. Try to stay out of there as long as you can between camera checks. I think this is one of the hardest thing for us to do as hunters with trail cameras. Don't get me wrong. I am far from an expert. I am NOT trying to be a downer. Just thinking out loud from an unbiased standpoint. I truly wish you the best and you can and will do what you want. Just might suggest to think twice before spending too much time in there with the cameras. Try to pace yourself. In another 6-8 weeks they will probably not tolerate the disturbances as well.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks hicks, right now I am still doing a lot of work on my place, but once about Aug 15 hits I cut down the disturbance on my property a lot. I check cams about once every two weeks and thats it. I was just pumped cause since I owned my farm I never got any decent velvet bucks. I think the one might be a buck I found sheds from two years ago so im hoping he is hanging around the area!