Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Venice Louisiana bowfishing trip

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Head out tomorrow for a week long trip to bowfish the Mississippi delta and the gulf. I will try and keep you all updated with pics and stuff tween killing fish and beer.Might have to ask jbrown to be my Secretary and update the thread with pics I text him.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable trip, man. I look forward to getting those texts. And I can update this while you're gone if you want... no prob at all.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
A view from the top of the houseboat where Jake is staying...

---

Sunday July 15, 2012
Jake - "Didn't do that great. Got 15 reds and a few flounder. Buddy shot a 28 lb red. Found a decent spot right at the end but a storm was coming so we had to shut it down and run back in. Gonna look at some different water today in the daylight."

---

Jake sent me this picture today... I'm assuming it was shot last night. No info provided yet, but it appears to be an alligator gar that's at least 7, maybe 8 ft in length. What a monster!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks a bunch for posting those pics Jim. Been a pretty good pic as far as gator gar and catfish but we have been struggling to kill a bunch of redfish. We saw over 30 gator gar last nite and me and my buddies simultaneously shot this 6'7" gar. The other gar Jim posted for me earlier was a touch over 6'.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Thanks a bunch for posting those pics Jim. Been a pretty good pic as far as gator gar and catfish but we have been struggling to kill a bunch of redfish. We saw over 30 gator gar last nite and me and my buddies simultaneously shot this 6'7" gar. The other gar Jim posted for me earlier was a touch over 6'.

Holy Crap!!! That's a monster!! Nice job!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Tough to say. They grow really fast up to about 6' then slow down. It could be anywhere from about 6 yrs old to 25 yrs old depending on a lot of factors. Here is a blue cat I shot. Seeing a good amount of them too at times.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We would catch them when I was stationed in Arkansas and we would throw them up on the bank and let the racoons have at them..... Very few people that I had heard of them would eat them..... That's one prehistoric looking fish up close :smiley_crocodile: