Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Split Brow Buck is BAACK!!!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I have been following this buck since the first pic I got of him when he was 2 1/2. It was the first buck on our property with split brow tines. I got thousands pics of him at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. I passed him at 3 1/2 when he was about 150" because a good friend of mine Tom Indrebo told me I should because he could blow up into a MONSTER!
He was a giant at 4 1/2 and I was getting a pile of pics of him by one of my stands, and I will be honest I thought my tag was already on him. He moved to another part of the farm and I got a few more pics of him but he out smarted me. Last year I could not get any pics of him no matter what I tried and was afraid he was dead, but every time I checked a camera I hoped please be here. Well today was the day, I was checking a card I just pulled from the spot where all of the pics from when he was 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 came from when I just stopped and looked at my Dad and said HE'S BACK!!! Here are the pics of him from todays pull and some pics and a video from the past. Today was better than any Christams morning. Sorry for the long post, but I am pretty excited.

Here he is at 4 1/2

[video]http://youtu.be/KnOvybgKdj0[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations! I hope I experience that feeling soon on a buck I've been hunting the past 2 years without any contact since early fall last year when I blew a shot op on the 2nd of Oct. He's not that caliber but still a slunger!

A few others on here are hunting ghosts as well. Goodluck this season in getting him on the ground.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal MonsterRaxx! Best of luck. I had one go MIA last year I hope I can find again. He was mature and 140" +/- 5" the year before last. I couldn't imagine where he will be this year if still alive.