Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hanging stands...

MandRroofing

In the woods
Wanted to check and see when everyone is hanging there sets this year or maybe you already have?Ive been so busy i haven't been able to hang and trim yet this year and i done want to do it to late so the deer get use to it before the opener...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
On my list of things to finish. Problem is my priorities keep getting re-prioritized. I am so slammed right now I should not even be commenting on this thread. I just needed to clear my mind for a minute. lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have 2 stands that are still up from last year. I'll only move them if necessary. I have 3 others in the basement that may or may not go into service plus my climber. The deer patterns change TOO much in most of the places I hunt to get stands out this early.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I trimmed lanes a month ago. And hung some steps last weekend for a new set. For the most part the rest stay there.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have some stands up still which need to be tweaked. Ill get to moving stuff here soon. I need to check my cams this weekend to prove to myself that I need to make the move or not.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As soon as we get a break in this weather with some cooler temps, I plan on hanging a set or two... Then trimming lanes for a few other mobile sets.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I primarilly hunt from a climber but I do have a couple permanet stands. Both are already in place. I do have a couple lanes to cut on one of them but otherwise, they are done. I am hoping to put together a few bucks to get another hang on though, Got a tasty spot all figured out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've already put alot of work in trimming lanes and screwing in steps. Still have alot more to do but the heat and other responsibilities keep me locked down. I need to find time in the next few weeks though.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Have already adjusted one setup from last year. Got one that still needs to be adjusted and three sets that are still in the same spot.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have one property I would love to hang 3-4 stands. I keep putting it off because there are so many trees which work for a climber or Millenium setup I know I am good to go if I don't hang any. Shame on me. Then again, saves money. I really should hang a few cheap hang on stands though and some screw in steps. Then I only have to carry my bow and a couple LW sticks for the bottom two sections.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll spend August hanging stands. I'd like to be done already, but I've been TOO busy with playing and coaching baseball, and getting ready for the baby. I'll be done with all that soon and it'll give me most of August to focus on it...

Diablo54

Outside
Hangin while wearing his too shirt.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342367164.491904.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342367164.491904.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 205