Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bark Collar

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We got new neighbors this year and now Remi barks ALL the time when we put him out at night because of their dusk-to-dawn light. I'm sick of it and want a bark collar. Anyone use these before with any luck? He's 95 pounds and hard headed, so I need something with some ass behind it...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't you already have a shock collar? Why not just sit on the deck and zap his ass when he starts barking?... He'll get the hint.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We just bought one and didn't get the results we wanted.... the wife's Pomeranian yaps all the time and we're trying too break it of it with no results so far.... so we got the collar which worked the first couple of days but I think its not working and needs sent back..... under warranty but she'll shake her head so hard that the collar will move around her neck area off of the area that registers the bark and shocks.... smart little bitch isn't she hahaha so we'll see if its the collar screwing up or her new found system of beating the shock....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don't you already have a shock collar? Why not just sit on the deck and zap his ass when he starts barking?... He'll get the hint.

I do and I've thought about it. But he's collar smart and I'd like something a little smaller that I can keep on him all the time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We just bought one and didn't get the results we wanted.... the wife's Pomeranian yaps all the time and we're trying too break it of it with no results so far.... so we got the collar which worked the first couple of days but I think its not working and needs sent back..... under warranty but she'll shake her head so hard that the collar will move around her neck area off of the area that registers the bark and shocks.... smart little bitch isn't she hahaha so we'll see if its the collar screwing up or her new found system of beating the shock....

Tighten it up. Just make sure you switch sides of its neck everyday. That one I mentioned earlier is super hard for them to beat unless they whine. Even then it learns and gets them most of the time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tighten it up. Just make sure you switch sides of its neck everyday. That one I mentioned earlier is super hard for them to beat unless they whine. Even then it learns and gets them most of the time.

Tried that one Joe, she still shook it out of position and I went tighter with it and she gags all the time rotflmao old lady had too deal with the puking part :smiley_coolpeace: I rotate it daily and take it off of her when she's in the crate..... I still say there's something wrong with it and I'm calling them too send it back for them too check it out.....

Jesse it's an elite and they make it for all sizes of dogs but I would not recommend it from my experiance so far..... Stay tuned....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
JMHO but I don't think it's a good idea to use one of those to keep him from barking if you want him to be any kind of watch dog. He will settle down, just give him time and encouragement.

I like the silent killer watchdog approach :smiley_clap: Of course I'd need too get another dog for that one rotflmao