Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Awesome walleye fishing continues

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
Fishing has been really good the past three days both casting and trolling. Monday, we trolled near A-can and pulled 35 nice eyes using stinger spoons, j-7's, and worm harnesses. Yesterday, the lake was angry early, but died down to a good drift and the eyes were on fire! We caught 36 walleye between 12-5 that weighed in at 105lbs! Fish were caught on gold worm harnesses with indiana blades. Today was one of the best days of walleye fishing I have ever witnessed. We had 42 walleye (and threw back 3 keepers at the end) by 12:00 casting worm harnesses. We also took a few fish on bottom bouncers today. The action was unbelievable today, there were times we had 4 walleye on at once! On the down side, I had cancellations Friday-Sunday so those three days are still open right now.

Attachments

• Fish 545.jpg
    Fish 545.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Fish 547.jpg
    Fish 547.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Fish 546.jpg
    Fish 546.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Fish 548.jpg
    Fish 548.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 260

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow! Catching them on casting harnesses is some of the most fun you could ever have on lake erie... truly one of my favorite methods of fishing for 'eyes. Anything gold has always been great for me. I sometimes put one or two black dots on the gold blade, too... For some reason that seems to help sometimes.

It's threads like this that really make me wish I still lived near the lake.... :smiley_depressive:

How was/is the mayfly hatch this season? I haven't heard much about it.