Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Apples

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I don't know how the crop is around Ohio, but my parents orchard has ONE single apple. The 80 degree weather in April forced the trees to bloom and then they had 3 consecutive nights of hard frost. It's a shame.:smiley_depressive:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
It varies. Columbiana and southern Mahoning counties are ok, northern Mahoning and Trumbull are hurt bad. I've heard the grapes along Erie were hurt. Michigan and NY cherry crop is real bad.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have 5 trees out at my hunting grounds that this is the first time in 2-3 years they have had apples on them. Every apple tree I have seen around here is just loaded with apples this year. Last year was not a good year for apples around here. Couldn't buy an apple around here last season so I guess this year makes up for that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have 4 on my property. 3 have a decent amount of apples, but without the moisture they are not looking real big. Better than having no apples I guess.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I have 5 apple trees and every one of them had apples this year....until the 90 mph wind last week. Probably 75% of them blew off the trees.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I've seen mixed results this year too. The tree down the street that was loaded last year only has a handfull. I have seen more apples down south.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
My big apple tree in my back yard is loaded, lost a few in the storm but there is still a ton on the tree, I will be putting them out in front of the cams again this year.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Up here in Mich not one of my apple trees has an apple on them. Had the same problem with early warm up with blossoms then hard frosts. Not sure about the property down in Ohio. Will be checking them out soon though!

I've been told for the state of Michigan they are estimating less then a 10% crop of apples.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Checked on my trees again tonight. Had to get something out of the camper and my trees are planted in front of the camper and shop. Sounds like I better start picking them up as they hit the ground to bait some places for the kids. Might be the only ones around from the sounds of things.